What is Musical Mondays?
Musical Mondays is a weekly linky party where we share a song we're into for the week, and talk about why we like it-or why it effects us. Along with talking about music, I host a month-long music related giveaway.
This week's song:
Would You Fight For My Love
by Jack White
It's not enough that I love you, there's all these things I have to prove to you
You use the sun to erase the past but you think it only raises for you
Well I'm afraid of being hurt that's true but not afraid of any physical pain
Just as I am always scared of the water but not afraid of standing out in the rain
The last person in the room she hurt was the person that she loved the most
Nobody noticed I was down on the rug, I'm getting better at becoming a ghost
I know that you want more, but would you fight for my love?
And I've hurt you before, but can you ignore my love?
You're walking out my back door looking back for my love
I know that you want more, but would you fight for my love?
People do their best to not let passion begin , it's dead before it has a chance to start
And so then there I am, the caretaker of sin, to your abandoned and malignant heart
It's such a pleasure to sing with you together, making love when there's nobody home
But I can't kiss you 'til you lift up your chin, you have to want to stop being alone
I want you to fight for my love (x3)
I heard this song on the radio last week and decided it had to be my Musical Monday choice right away. It's a great October song because the sound and background vocals have a very spooky and eerie sound about them. The lyrics are great too, honestly. It especially hits me when it says "You have to want to stop being alone."
Isn't that the truth? I suck at dating. In fact right now I'm about 90% decided that I'm going to delete all of my online dating profiles and give it some time.
Do I want to be alone? No.
Do I want to stop being alone? No.
I know that doesn't seem to make sense, but let me try and explain it. I've always been very inclined to place "love" and relationships a lot higher in my life than other things like school, work, and personal goals. I'm a sucker for a romantic story line, the idea of being loved, and kisses. That's just part of my nature.
Over the years I've dated a lot, failed a lot, and been hurt a lot. While I'm great at bouncing back and trying again, because it's very much in my nature to both forgive and love, I find that the older I get the harder it is. Every failed chance or heartbreak seems to add up somewhere deep inside you. As this builds I find it's harder for me to force myself to date, and it's even harder for me to actually see possibility when I do. This has been especially true with online dating. Online dating is the worst.
I don't think you're supposed to force yourself to date.
Doesn't the idea of forcing something imply that it's not natural?
And if it's not natural is it really something that you want?
I'm not implying that it shouldn't take work. Everything in life requires a little elbow grease. I'm also not implying that online dating is not natural or a good thing, if you like online dating more power to you. What I'm saying is that for me-I literally have to force myself to log in and check the 6 messages I have waiting, and every time I log in I get another 6 messages after that I have to force myself to log in and check... Weeks later.
Then when I find someone who I kind of like or who sent a good message, I have to force myself to start talking to them-even when I like them. When they ask me out, I have to force myself to accept-even if it sounds like fun. Then when we go on a date I just don't connect. I don't know what it is, but none of the dates I've gone on in the last year or so really had me feeling any kind of connection-and I don't think it was entirely the guys I went out with so much as it was me, and knowing I would basically have to force myself to connect. I've tried second dates, continued texting, it just doesn't happen for me right now.
So do I want to be in love? Yes, very much so.
Do I want to make the change it would require? Nope. Not right now.
More to come on this decision later on the blog... I'll let you know what I decide. For now, what do you think I should do? Delete them? Keep them? Any advice for me?
What are you listening to this week?
Please grab the button and link up your Musical Mondays post in the linky!

Great post! I liked the song and your thoughts. As for what inspires me in my everyday life? It's rarely the same day two things in a row. Somedays it's thinking "What can I do to make someone's life brighter today?", sometimes it's "If I make it through these next couple months, I can take off for a nice little vacation." and sometimes I feel like I just drink coffee and drag myself through the day. But let's go with my first answer because that's the most positive one. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you, and those are great things!
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome! :)
ReplyDeleteAren't they darling? Want!
ReplyDeleteAgreed!
ReplyDeleteThank you! And yes!!!
ReplyDeleteYes, and so elegant too!
ReplyDeleteHer stuff is so cute!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the party. I have a music related site and thought I'd link up a recent post.
ReplyDeleteI like this song, I missed Jack White's voice. I actually should take dating more seriously in life.. I feel so consumed with other things, though. You first, though girl!
ReplyDeleteI love #4, the pumpkin/cat clutch (or coin purse). Super cute. :)
ReplyDeleteI think it's great that you acknowledge that the timing just isn't there for you right now. Like you said, there's no point in forcing it if you're not ready for it. It was great reading your thoughts on this! And great song!
ReplyDeleteThank you! That's what I've been thinking about for a while.
ReplyDeleteYeah he has such a fun and unique voice! I feel the same-there's too much going on elsewhere... Maybe one day it'll be a priority for us, eh?
ReplyDeleteThanks! :)
ReplyDeleteA cat. :)
ReplyDeleteMy grandson inspires me! It is amazing to see the world through his 5 year old eyes!!
ReplyDeleteMy kids inspire me in my every day life to keep working hard and to stay positive. Thanks for the giveaway! :)
ReplyDeleteI AM DRESSING UP AS LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD!!
ReplyDeleteMy soul sisters inspire me every day!!
ReplyDeleteMy husband inspires me every day. He is the hardest working person I know and I just love him so much!
ReplyDeleteMy little one inspires me ever day! I feel happy when I have him in my life!
ReplyDeleteMy BFF inspires me everyday to be a better person and to keep my chin up even during moments of tragedy (and I have had many).
ReplyDeleteMy children inspire me because they trust themselves, are forthright and have the best self esteem ever!
ReplyDeleteI am going to be wonder woman! I technically was wonder woman last year, too, but I fell asleep before 8 pm on Halloween so I don't count it. PLUS I got my dog a matching costume #ihaveaproblem
ReplyDeleteI absolutely adore the playsuit!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is a really interesting song! I really like it! Another one to get from Amazon!
ReplyDeletePhysically my son who is beyond his years in wisdom for an eleven year old....mentally it would be Ed Cayce..love reading his daily quotes on life in general
ReplyDeleteAngie, you're right...you're NOT supposed to force love. You can't. It's 100% impossible to force, and it really does happen when it's meant to happen. BUT, it doesn't happen without work, so I totally agree with you that sometimes you just have to decide when you want to put in a little extra effort versus tone it down and focus on just enhancing yourself (which should always be a focus, anyways!). I'm sure you'll find an amazing special someone. Just keep doing you. <3
ReplyDeletelovelovelove,
Erica
cominguprosestheblog.com
Thank you! It's so true!
ReplyDeleteI am a Music Teacher, so my students and Music inspire me! This is an awesome giveaway!
ReplyDelete