10.25.2014

Blog Tour: My Writing Process

How fun is a little blog tour?  I'm super flattered to be tagged by Kenzie from Chasing My Extraordinary in her blog tour post, she said such kind things about me!  So let's get down to it shall we? 

>>What am I working on?<<
Currently the majority of my focus is for my classes in school.  Unfortunately school currently sucks up a lot of my time and stamps out any room for new things, though they are still brewing in my head.  Artistically?  I'm about to begin work on a new idea I have for handmade Christmas gifts, which I can't tell you about yet because it'll ruin the surprise for those who are receiving them.  I also have a new Etsy idea, but it's going to take such a large amount of work that it wont be ready until next year, probably late next year.  There are still novels partially written on my computer, but for now they're going to rest while I write papers and solve math problems. :)

As for the blog, I'm working on getting everything set up and running for the Holiday Hotlist and 12 Days of Giveaways both here and over at Chaotic Goddess Swaps, which will accompany the 12 Days of Christmas Swap we'll be announcing there in just seven short days.  Yikes, I'd better get moving!

>>How does my work differ from others in my same type/genre?<<
That's a really hard question.  Personally, I don't believe we're all completely original little snowflakes, and I think teaching people that promotes over competition and resentment when someone who thinks they're unique finds someone a lot like them.  That doesn't mean we're all 100% identical obviously, but I think we are all similar enough that we should be promoting working together, rather than always standing out.  Personally, I know my voice may unique to me, but I get inspiration from other people without even knowing it, and when I come up with an idea all on my own I inevitably stumble upon someone else who had a similar idea before me, even if I never knew them before.  That's how the world works.  I would rather work on respecting that and embracing our similarities than getting upset over not being totally different from everyone else.

I love this quote from Jim Jarmusch in the 2004 MovieMaker Magazine (#53 Winter): “Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don’t bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: “It’s not where you take things from - it’s where you take them to." 

>>Why do I write what I do?<<
Why ask why?  I feel like we could get really existential here if we wanted to, but I'll avoid delving too deep into the psyche of "why" here-ha!

I write because I want to remember.  I want to connect.  I want to leave a lasting bond or legacy with the few people who knew me, or who truly took the time to get to know me through this blog.

I write to flex my creative muscles.
I write to keep up the habit of writing, so the talents and words are not lost in the shuffle of life.
I write to put my feelings and thoughts into the universe.  To manifest my future.

I write because the thing I've wanted to do most in the world since I was seven years old is write.

I guess that's why I write, but not why I write what I do.  So why do I write what I write?  Because it's what is there. It's what exists within me wanting to come out, and if I never let it out it implodes.

>>How does your writing process work?<<
There's no science or planning behind it at all haha!  Honestly, each and every post starts as a bunch of jumbled thoughts that I need to spill onto the page so I just start writing. I write and write and write without knowing where I'm going, and once it's all out on the page I go back and re-read what I've written to make sure it make sense.  Sometimes (a lot of the time) it doesn't, and things need to be reorganized, or I find I've completely switched direction somewhere and one post then becomes two.

Unfortunately when working on novels/books it doesn't work quite the same for me.  I get too hung up on editing as I go, instead of just letting it all come and going back.  I'll write a page and go back and edit and edit and edit until I've lost my flow and the book sits for a few months.  Guess I need to learn to apply my blog writing habits to my books.

>>Blog Tour<<
I'd like to introduce you to three of the strongest and most compassionate lady bloggers I know.

This is Karen from A Peek at Karen's World.  Karen has been a great bloggy friend to me over the years, and I love how she presents herself on her blog.  Not only is she one of those people that accept you for who you are even though her beliefs differ, but she has unending support too!  She's always been incredibly supportive in her meaningful comments she leaves-she's a great bloggy buddy.  On her blog she talks about a little bit of everything, but she also has a fantastic sense of humor and a storytelling ability that makes everything she writes intriguing! Seriously, it's fantastic. Go read it.

It's not hard for me to express just how much I love and appreciate Beth of Printcess & Living a Goddess Life.  This girl has been so many things to me in the ten years we've known each other.  Shes' been my personal "Dear Abby", a "shoulder" (though virtually) to cry on, and one of the best friends a person could have.  She's also my partner with the Chaotic Goddess Swaps venture, and without her I'd be lost.  I mean seriously, without her CGS wouldn't be around because while I do a lot of the design work, she has all of the organizational talent.  She keeps things running smoothly!  Trust me when I say this-you NEED her blog in your life.  If's so useful, and she's a great friend to have!

Another blogger I had the pleasure of being introduced to and having in my life for quite some time now is Aubrey from High-Heeled Love.  If Wonder Woman is real, it must be Aubrey.  She owns her own business and is a jujitsu warrior.  I mean, she's one tough cookie who can hold her own in this crazy world.  I absolutely look to Aubrey for shoe, wine, or coffee advice (three of the best things in life) and I am so grateful to know her-she has such a big heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.