6.03.2013

Music Memories {Musical Mondays & Giveaway!}

What is Musical Mondays?
Musical Mondays is a weekly linky party where we share a song we're into for the week, and talk about why we like it-or why it effects us.  Along with talking about music, I host a month-long music related giveaway sponsored by wonderful people! (If you'd like to sponsor a month email me) and this month's giveaway is for a CD from The Long Holidays sponsored by MagicCatJenny and a $10 Amazon Gift Card!

Music Memories

For this week's Musical Mondays I'm going to share my Music Mixup CD selections with you!  Music Mixup is a monthly mixed CD swap hosted by Kim at The K.O. Story, and my partner this month was Malorie over at The Daily Frenchy!  See what I sent her HERE.   This month's theme was Memories (songs that bring back memories basically) and so here's Malo's choices and what she had to say about them (and some of my responses too them in italics!):

Malo's Memory Mix by Miss Angie on Grooveshark


  1. Jump by Van Halen: My dad is a huge fan of Olimpique de Marseille football and this song is their anthem. So every time I hear it, I think about my father watching football on TV and I would sleep next to him as a child.
  2. Cendrillon by Telephone: This is a great song by  French rock group that my dad loves.  Cendrillon is the French for Cinderella.  I grew up with that song and even learnt it at school.
  3. Fernando by ABBA: I love ABBA and their songs! This one reminds me of my childhood because I loved watching the film "Muriel's Wedding" and it featured many ABBA songs! *Muriel's Wedding is a fun film!  I enjoyed watching it just a few months ago for the first time!*
  4. Beautiful Life by Ace of Base: This song represents the summer holidays I would spend at my grandparents' with my cousins.  It was a famous Swedish eurodance group that we used to listen to a lot at the time.
  5. My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion: I've been a fan of Leo DiCaprio for years now and the Titanic song reminds me of that crazy period when my #1 goal was to become his wife lol. *Oh man, this song has memoreis for me too!  I remember singing it at the top of my lungs!*
  6. You Drive Me (Crazy) by Britney Spears: Dance routine with my cousin!!! *I was a big Britney fan in Jr. High-so this song brings up memories for me too!*
  7. Heal the World by Michael Jackson: I had to learn and memorize that song at school and every time I hear it, I think about my middle school years... Even if we just couldn't understand the lyrics at the time (my first language is French!) it's a beautiful song.
  8. Sitting Down Here by Lene Marlin: This was a huge suvvess over here, have you ever heard of it? It makes me think of my teenage troubles, you know... with being a teenager, guys and relationships with all the people around you.  *I had not heard it, but I do like it!*
  9. Hey Ya! by Outkast: Much happier. Reminds me of high school and fun moments with my friends.
  10. In the Shadows by The Rasmus: Let's go back to dark times.  My mother had already left home (to go live with another man) when that song was on the radio and on TV.  Weirdly enough, I love the music.  *That's so sad Malo!  I'm so sorry to hear you went through that!*
  11. Whole Again by Atomic Kitten: Yay! Trip to Ireland with my friends and a lovely girly song sung by a British girl band I loved-and still love in fact!
  12. Complicated by Avril Lavigne: Another song that I used to listen to a lot when I was in high school.
  13. Derniere Danse by KYO: Makes me think of my first "serious" boyrfriend who literally broke my heart (but now I'm glad he did!). I used to cry over this song and others by the same group. *She didn't know this, but I LOVE this song by KYO! I almost try to sing along...*
  14. Dragostea Din Tei by O-Zone: Summer of 2004!!!! I had just graduated from high school and spent the summer partying with friends.  That song is very funny, it's Moldavian I think but we knew the lyrics by heart! *Hey, we graduated the same year! Also this song reminds me of my friend Ken, who will sing it each and every time we do Karaoke!*
  15. Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani: My best friend and I would always sing this song while driving. "This **** is bananas, BANANAS!!"  *I love me some Gwen Stefani!*
  16. Everytime We Touch by Cascada: I'm not into eurodance music at all but I love that song.  It reminds me of my college years-when I used to party a lot too!
  17. Shine by Take That: Do you know that boys band? They made a comeback around 2007 when I went to work as a foreign language assistant in Liverpool, England. I would hear this song all the time + love the lyrics! *I know of them-my roommate and our friend Angel used to be fans!*
  18. I'm Yours by Jason Mraz: Ludo and I's song.  We're getting married next August and this song means a lot.  At the time it was released, it would play all the time and we officially became a couple.  *Congrats Malo & Ludo! I'm so excited for you-and this song is perfect! Love MRAZ!*
  19. California Girls by Katy Perry: Summer of 2010 when we took a road trip to Marseille, South of France.  Know it by heart now! *This reminds me of a 2010 road trip we took to California!!!*
  20. Ai Se Eu Te Pego by Michel Telo: Once you listen to that Brazilian song, you'll never forget it! It's in Portuguese but we love singing it and know every single world.  We also have no idea what it means but it's our "fun" song.
Thanks so much Malo!  It was so cool to see what is popular over there across the ocean and learn a little bit more about you!  And thank you Kim for hosting this! 

Music Mixup

Now what are you listening to this week?
Don't forget to grab the button if you're linking up a music selection!

Musical Mondays with My So-Called Chaos

Enter to win an EP from The Long Holidays!
This giveaway will run from 6/3/13 to 6/26/13 and is open worldwide. See Rafflecopter for full terms/conditions.  Entries will be verified-please be honest.

a Rafflecopter giveaway


xoxo Miss Angie

15 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for letting me sponsor this month!
    Can't wait to listen to your playlist. ;)
    ~Jenny

    http://magiccatjenny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome mix! I was the same way about that Cascada song! It reminds me very vividly of the summer I graduated college :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the mix! :D Thanks for hosting. I keep listening to the video I linked to MM today.....I'm driving the family *nuts*

    Have a great Monday!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your mix! I also really like the song Project Manhigh by The Long Holidays! Catchy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting music mix, but with some great hits on it! I also liked the Project Manhigh by The Long Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked all the songs but this one I listened to more than once, "Project Manhigh"

    ReplyDelete
  7. i can't choose which one i like best and wow awesome cd

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of these brought back lots of memories for me, too! I love the idea of a swap like that. What a great way to get to know people and get more music :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you guys had so many connections through these songs! It's really fun to see all the similarities between someone in France and someone in the US. Thanks so much for participating again this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never heard of this band but really liked the songs, especially "Cold War Battle Call" & "In All Honesty." Great post btw! :)

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.