5.06.2011

Step into the Confessional...


I confess...
I really do want to be one of those people who let things go easily.  I'm so tired of always hanging on to these little things, or to misdeeds others have done me, and then letting it eat away at my insides.  I never used to be able to hold grudges, but recently there are a few people who have been so completely awful that it's stuck with me.  I turn it over and over in my head until I start believing it, or until I'm just sick.  I'm done. I wont allow them to have that power over me anymore.

I confess...
I'm also turning over a new leaf in the fact that I'm going to try not to say negative things.  This includes too much complaining (there will always be complaints, but there's no need to complain about everything, let it go and move on!) as well as talking badly about others.  I'm not a huge gossip, and I don't go around slandering people anyway-but when I feel begrudged I can really vent-and vent to everyone.  Honestly though, it's not hurting them, it's only hurting me by keeping me there dwelling on the negativity.  No more.

I confess...
I'm totally addicted to weheartit now.

I confess...
There are some bloggers out there (like Haley, Camille, Isha and so many more of you) that I want to go to their blogs every day and visit, and it's because they're such beautiful people and so upbeat about life.  It's like a little pick-me-up.  I really hope to be one of those bloggers too.  I want you to be able to read my blog and leave with a smile.  

I confess...
I can't wait to get my Hoop that the lovely and talented Haley from Wide Eyed Smiling (also mentioned above)  is making me.  It looks soooooo pretty, and I can't wait to learn how to do it.

I confess...
I'm on the lookout for fun and interesting ways to be active and lose weight.  I hate the gym.  Not going to lie, but I also hate being overweight-but why be miserable either way?  Why can't I do something fun like Hooping, Bike Riding, Hiking, Swimming, etc. and use that as a fun way to exercise? This is my plan.

I confess...
I really just want to be alone most of this weekend.  The roommate is in Vegas with some friends, and I have the house to myself.  I want to hole myself up in my little apartment, clean it, and then craft and relax without a whole lot of interruptions.

I confess...
I cannot wait to finish up my Handmade For You Swaparoo package tonight and send it, as well as send out my Staycation Swap package as well! I really hope my partners love it.

I confess...
I really do feel a connection with so many of you... You make my life a better place, and I hope you all feel the same towards me! You're a little family, and I'm not just saying that.  Love you all!

Confession really is good for the soul...
Link up! 



Photobucket


15 comments:

  1. I like your confessions. I made the same goal about a year ago with the negativity and it's amazing how much better I feel. The hardest thing was distancing myself from a few friends slightly because they were negative all the time to and I would slip back into old habits. Now though when they start I change the subject or excuse myself.

    I can't believe I didn't know about wehearti now I have another place to stalk. =)

    have fun on your quiet weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to say this post...i could have written it today. Almost EVERY SINGLE THING is something I Have been thinking about...ok maybe not the hoop...but most everything else!

    You are a great person...and I hear you on needing to make tweaks every now in then!

    I hope you have a great weekend ALONE...and enjoy every moment...I am doing the same!

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh a weekend alone - crafting sounds like heaven. I hope that you learn to let stuff roll of your back. and exercise can be fun. So I've heard. somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I want to craft all weekend, too. :)

    And I am totally in the same boat of trying to not dwell on negative things, trying to just let them go.

    I like this project of not gossiping and not being negative. I think that will just bring all sorts of good things in. Yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for wanting to be a better person. Ok, that came out wrong, but you know what I'm saying, right? I've had to do that too. Just let go of the bad peeps out there and then focus on myself and just focus on the happy. But I feel a venting post or whatever once in a while is ok. We need to get that crap out of us, or it'll just eat away at ya.

    And I so need to get my craft on. I have about four weeks before little dude comes and I haven't made a single thing for him. UGH, I should start with clearing off my sewing table.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend! Nice and relaxing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly- I hold onto grudges too. I replay hurtful conversations in my head. Someone told me that it is bad because- it only hurts me and not that other person!

    I feel the same about wanting alone time sometimes!! It refreshes me!!
    Linked with you through Confession:)
    Brenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am looking forward to shutting myself in my apartment alone this weekend, sometimes you just need that!

    I try really hard every once in a while to cut the whining, complaining and general negativity out of my life but I have a really hard time with it. Maybe your positivity will rub off onto me. :)

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS- I totally LOVE your etsy shop!! As you know from my Confessions- I have already spent too much this month but next month I am ordering from you!! Such cute flower clips!!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pretty sure you're already upbeat! You can't always be positive, cuz life isn't always positive, but just wanted to let you know I view you as one of the happier blogs on my reader :) & I can't wait to get you your hoop either, it makes me happy to spread the love through blog land! & honestly, I envy the crap out of your weekend alone. I might kill for one of those by the time this month ends!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww I love this post Angie. :) good confession expression if I do say so myself!

    Im so glad your working with being in a more uplifting vibration! I know it will make you feel great in the long run! good for you!

    And I hate the gym too Im with you right there, the Sports Mall is one "gym" I do like and go to that I recommend for fun active things they has yoga classes, pilates, spinning, martial arts classes, dance classes, a large chill pool area that doesnt make you feel all awkward like some gym pools lol, Im very self conscious and it may seem dumb but I am, nd this place is the best. And Its not alot for a membership,they also have massages and tanning, tennis, its just great, I been going there since I was young. Also if you even are down to do anything and Im not working I would be down to go play and do some fun active things too! I want to be fit and healthy myself! So just text me if your ever in the mood!

    Ah, and thank you for the compliment, Im glad you like to visit my blog! I love hearing the personal side of what your having to say as well. Its always nice! Your great. :)

    Im glad you going to have some you time! sounds perfect, lol. self bonding is very important!
    Thanks for sharing love! <3

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crafting and relaxing sounds perfect! And I love swaps, they are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I confess- I came for the confessions and stayed for the cupcakes- love your blog. Now stalking you.

    I try not to be negative, but learned that holding things (resentment etc) hurt me physically as well as mentally so I have super amazing b*tchfests then I can let whatever it is go and get over myself. I also try to surround myself with the positive and stay away from most news etc.

    I would love a weekend alone, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. AMEN! I hate the gym. If I could find a really fun way of burning off the excess I would be all over it. Well, when I wasn't sleeping. I need to work on letting things go too. I can relate. Oh how I can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  14. definitely agree with you - I can never let things go easily.... ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl...your swap partners will be so excited to have you! I know just how creative you are.

    Ok...you gave me lots of links to check out and I feel the need to check them out today.

    I hope you enjoyed your time alone this weekend and got your crafting groove on!

    Happy Monday!! =)

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.