5.22.2011

21 Days To a Lifestyle Change

The other day I read a post by Janna, where she referenced this post by Tricia.

It was incredibly inspirational, and I knew instantly I had to participate.

Reading through Tricia's blog, I was severely impressed. She wrote about how she read somewhere that it only takes 21 days to make a habit, so she challenged herself to 21 days of eating healthy and working out.  Tricia also gave herself an out-if she didn't feel better or like it was worth it in 21 days she could just give up.  To her surprise, when the 21 days were over-she'd lost twenty pounds and was feeling really well.  This woman lost 128 lbs in a year and looks amazing.  I really recommend you go look at her before and after pictures and read through her post.

This got me thinking... If she can do it, why can't I?  Why do I constantly hear myself repeating that I'm going to finally do something about the way I look and feel-only to turn around a day, a week, months, or even years later and be in the same spot with no changes made?  I'm tired of being that person.  I'm tired of never sticking with what I start.  I'm going to finish it this time.


I'm committing to 21 Days to form a habit and make a change.  I will stick with my goals for 21 days without deviation in order to form the habit that I can continue on towards my goal with.

If you'd like to join in, feel free to grab the button I made above:


For the next 21 days I commit to:
  • Give up candy/chocolate entirely. I did it with soda and have no desire to drink the stuff anymore, I can do it with candy now too. I'm going to avoid things like cookies and other sweets too.
  • Choose healthy options when I eat.  Even when I go out to eat with friends.
  • Excersize (some form of physical activity that works up a sweat) for at least 30 minutes, every day.
  • Watch my calories-and keep track of everything I eat.
  • Watch my carbs-when bread is involved (which I plan on limiting) it must be wholegrain/multi-grain.
  • Drink 8 glasses of water a day (why do I struggle so hard with this?)
  • Post once a week on my progress. I think I'll link up with Brandy's Fat Ass Friday
    So what do you say?
    Will you join me in this change of habits?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment



    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

     photo copyright.jpg
    envye template.