This week's song:
Dust
by Eric Himan
There is dust on the moon
there is dust in space
there is dust on the stars
dust in a clouded place
there is dust in the road, there is dust on the cars
dust climbing up each blade of grass filling up the yard
Nothing sticks to you
Now your moving too fast to touch
you make me feel so still
like I’m collecting, I’m collecting dust
there is dust on the gate
there is dust on the porch
there are dust coming in
through the cracks in the door
there is dust on the carpet, now there's dust on the rugs
moving up each picture frame to every picture of us
I used to feel the world moving underneath my feet
every chance I seemed to get was a vehicle for me
then you had to hit the jackpot of my biggest dreams
and now I see you at the cashier and I’m turning green
Nothing sticks to you
Now your moving too fast to touch
You make me feel so still
Like I’m collecting, I’m collecting dust
We’re all smiles and compliments
Underneath red envious
Candy shells how sugar shines
Angry bitter wine, twisting turning in my mind
Dust in my mouth, dust in my scars
Dust in my eyes, dust in my heart
dust in my hair, dust in my ears
dust in my skin, dust in my nose
dust in my teeth, dust in my soul
there is dust in space
there is dust on the stars
dust in a clouded place
there is dust in the road, there is dust on the cars
dust climbing up each blade of grass filling up the yard
Nothing sticks to you
Now your moving too fast to touch
you make me feel so still
like I’m collecting, I’m collecting dust
there is dust on the gate
there is dust on the porch
there are dust coming in
through the cracks in the door
there is dust on the carpet, now there's dust on the rugs
moving up each picture frame to every picture of us
I used to feel the world moving underneath my feet
every chance I seemed to get was a vehicle for me
then you had to hit the jackpot of my biggest dreams
and now I see you at the cashier and I’m turning green
Nothing sticks to you
Now your moving too fast to touch
You make me feel so still
Like I’m collecting, I’m collecting dust
We’re all smiles and compliments
Underneath red envious
Candy shells how sugar shines
Angry bitter wine, twisting turning in my mind
Dust in my mouth, dust in my scars
Dust in my eyes, dust in my heart
dust in my hair, dust in my ears
dust in my skin, dust in my nose
dust in my teeth, dust in my soul
♥ ♥ ♥
Many of you already know that I'm madly in love with Eric Himan's music, and I've raved about what a wonderful down-to-earth person he is as well, and so there are a few reasons why today's Musical Mondays post is dedicated to Eric.
First of all: It's an awesome song.
Second: The album it's from is being released TODAY!
Last but not least: He's coming to Utah specifically for Josh and me! What an incredible thing to do for a couple of your fans, he's just an amazing person!
We just watched his live 30 minute stageit.com Q&A last night (which was so much fun) and when I told him "Josh and Angie from UT here" he read it and said "You know we're coming through in a few weeks just for you?" I. Am. Ecstatic. Really, beyond words.
We just watched his live 30 minute stageit.com Q&A last night (which was so much fun) and when I told him "Josh and Angie from UT here" he read it and said "You know we're coming through in a few weeks just for you?" I. Am. Ecstatic. Really, beyond words.
I've had the album for a week or two now, because I pre-ordered and he sent it to me early, but it's available today on iTunes or at www.erichiman.com. If you order it on iTunes you can get it now and download it-BUT if you order it at on his website-he'll sign it and send it to you personally!
I highly recommend you get it, especially for the songs Save the Afternoon and Lonely No More. The entire album is amazing, and you'd not only be getting something you love but you would be supporting an indie artist with an extremely big heart. He is my absolute favorite of all time.
I highly recommend you get it, especially for the songs Save the Afternoon and Lonely No More. The entire album is amazing, and you'd not only be getting something you love but you would be supporting an indie artist with an extremely big heart. He is my absolute favorite of all time.
What's your song this week?
Link Up!
That is so awesome that he PERSONALLY sent you the album and is coming to Utah JUST FOR YOU! I linked up again! ^_^
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this song!! Thanks for sharing it, I am going to have to go to his site now! I haven't heard of him before but love this song!
ReplyDeleteI can't hear this song without dancing! Love it. :D
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome that a musician would do that! Congrats, Miss Angie!
ReplyDelete