6.04.2010

Dear So & So: How I've Missed You

Dear So and So...

Dear "Dear So & So",

Goodness, it's been a long time since I participated in this Meme and wrote my anonymous letters pouring out everything I've been meaning to say.  I've kind of missed the catharsis, so here we go again.  So glad to be back in the saddle!

Signed,
Someone Who Missed You

Dear New Job,

It was pretty messed up how you called me and gave me the job, then called me and told me you wouldn't be hiring me after all.  I was so extremely frustrated!  I can't believe you did that to me! However, you've called and told me to be there Monday at 8:30am, and while I am still a bit apprehensive of it because of what happened last time, you've said it's the final answer now.  I'm so excited to be back, even if I am a little bit nervous.

Right now everyone there has been told the lore of my awesomeness, how when I worked there before I literally would take 14 chats, a phone call, and still crank out 500 quality emails a day.  I was a total rockstar.  What if I can't live up to that again?  I have to.

Signed,
You're New/Old Employee

Dear Most Recent Job,

You guys have one of the highest turnover rates I've ever seen, would you like me to tell you why I think that is?  A: You only pay about $9.00 an hour for training.  B: When you're out of training it's "Activity Based Compensation" which is all well and good, except for it's by the minute and even if we're sitting in our chairs waiting for a phone call, we're not getting paid for being there unless we're on a call.
.
Someone in this same area just got sued for that, I think you guys need to fix something there.  Thanks for giving me a job when I really needed it, but it's time I start moving on.

Signed,
Very Grateful To Be Out of There.

Dear Old Job That I Begged To Keep Me On,

You called me, told me to resubmit my resume, but I haven't heard anything since.  How frustrating.

Signed,
Me

Dear Pot Head Ex,

Bwahahahahahahahaha!  I heard you FINALLY got demoted and can no longer run the reports or access personal information at work!  It is ABOUT TIME! All of us have wanted it for so long because someone who is sleeping with/trying to sleep with so many women in the office should be allowed to be in any kind of management or like position.  Not to forget you actually told the women you slept with personal information about managers and such, or did you think I forgot?

On the upside, not getting hired back there means I don't have to see you and the Soggy Rotten Mango anymore.  That is quite the kicker that keeps me positive about the whole thing.

Signed,
I Love Karma

Dear Old DJ Friend,

So I recently found out you deleted me on Facebook over the whole "Amber Drama" a while back, and at first I was really sad about it because I had been missing you and only found out about it as I was going to leave you a note saying so.  I shouldn't have worried so, because as it comes down to it, I don't care anymore.  I'm learning it is better to lose a friend then to keep one who is fair-weathered! I don't want a friend like that.  I have so many better friends who stand by my side through thick and thin and listen to my side of the story (since I so obviously didn't do ANYTHING to her, as I never even commented back on those posts or said anything) before judging.

Peace out buddy.

Signed,
I Don't Care Anymore.

Dear Readers,

Thank you for hanging in there with me through these last few rough weeks, you all mean so much to me! Hopefully I will be back to my old ways in no time! :)

Love,
Miss Angie

11 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you've surrounded yourself with some real "winners" in the past. Good for you on shedding such people & places. Hope all goes well in the new/old job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I definitely missed these "dear so & so" posts, too. I think it's one of the best things in your blog (of course I like ALL your posts not just this). I hope everything will be fine in the new job

    ps. This letter to EX - major win :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course the job thing was eventually going to work out. Fair weathered friends are hard. Always will be hard. They only get harder as times goes by. I say that because sometimes you find out that friends that you considered to be best friends end up being fair weather friends. I have cried my heart out over the loss of friends that I considered "best" because they dropped out when it got hard. This was after 20 years of what I thought was thick and thin. Turns out it was only me standing by them for the hard stuff. When my stuff got tough, they bailed. Those are the kicks in the teeth that you don't ever really get over. So, brace yourself, life is full of sucker punches. The other side of that coin is that people who are strangers or newfound friends can bless you with the most awesome of kindnesses. Out of the blue, when you least expect it. Wanting nothing in return. It's good and bad, happy and sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh it must of been frustrating with your job. I hope it goes fab on Monday and you will be their rockstar again in no time I am sure! Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because you are so outstanding you have been awarded for your efforts. You can pick it up on my most recent blog. Congrats. It is just one way that I show the love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are my hero..seriously after reading this my life pales in comparison! You are a rockstar and don't ever let anyone tell you differently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the new job! You will totally rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OY! Open a coffee shop by the university, sell bread and buttery pastries .. and freaking ice cream, and leave those office schmucks to drown in their stupidity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is some positivity in the so-so's. That is a great sign. I wish you great success in your future endeavors and getting back to your old happy ways. :-)

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.