(Source We ♥ it)
♥ I have a reputation for being an amazing employee there. Today one of the people in my training class cornered me in the break room; he said "I've heard of you. You're good, I call dibs on sitting next to you!" Then my new manager came down to training to say hello, and he asked us "Has anyone here ever done support chats before?" I raised my hand and he gave me a look and said "I know you have Angie, 16 at a time!" To which the entire room were shocked and impressed. Yep, I rock.
♠ At my last job (V), I was an unknown with no way to prove myself. The one before that (T), everyone overlooked my skills because I had gotten involved with a coworker who ended up sleeping with the rest of the office. The man-whore was rewarded, and I was pushed aside. Sexist much?
♥ I remember nearly everything about the job. While I've been bored the last two days in training for this very reason, it's a very good thing that I can pull all of that information back up in my memory. I am TOTALLY going to rock this job.
♥ We have a fully stocked break room. No really, I mean FULLY. Anything from frozen food (burritos, teriyaki bowls, popsycles, etc,) to all different kinds of snack foods (nuts, candy, chips, fruit snacks, etc.) and drinks (soda, water, coffee, cappuccinos, hot chocolate, etc.) too! It's great!
♠ Both of my last jobs only had vending machines in their break rooms. Job V even overcharged for everything they had.
♥ They provide lunch every Wednesday. Not just pizza, but Kneaders (Deli sandwiches and spreads), Cafe Rio, and even Olive Garden!
♠ My last two jobs would do a BBQ or order pizza every once and a while, but not every week!
♥ They're very laid back. They specifically said NO micromanaging as long as you meet your quotas. I think I'll be much more productive in an environment that manages based on how well you do and not on how bad you could possibly be.
♠ I've never had a job that didn't have the managers looking over your shoulder waiting for you to mess up. Especially job V, they didn't even allow purses at your desk or a piece of paper!
♥ Internet access. Yes peeps, I'll be able to access my blog at work again! For all those times that are super slow, or on my lunch breaks, I'll even be able to check Facebook!
♠ Job V didn't even have internet, just intranet. You could only access their site and systems even on breaks. Job T let us access stuff, but never our email or Facebook!
♥ The only dress code-Don't come naked. I wore flip-flops to work today for the first time in years. It was awesome.
♠ both of my last jobs had bans on Flip-Flops, and job T only let us dress casual on Fridays. This is nice!
♥ Big private desks. Yes, they're cubicles, but they have three full walls, and a half wall. With your own white board, drawers, and filing cabinets. It's almost like my own little office.
♠ Job T we had our own desks, but they were little cubicles and all your neighbors were around you all the time. Job V was awful, because you never had your own desk, always sharing by grabbing whatever one was available, and you even shared headsets! Yuck!
♥ The computers are amazing. Shhhhh... Don't tell all my Mac friends (because y'all know I love me some Apple) but I am in love with Windows 7. My computer at work is zippy-fast, and it has Windows 7 on it! Also, my monitor is 21 inches and HUGE! It's so beautiful. *Geek love*
♠ Job T did give me dual monitors, which I loved, but I was using XP still. With Windows 7 and such a giant monitor I don't even need dual monitors, it mimics the experience very well! Job V had the SLOWEST computers EVER. It made me so crazy!
♥ And last, but not least, PAY! Let's just say I'm making more than I've EVER made. About $4.50 more per hour than job T, and a whopping $7.50 more per hour than job V. I LOVE it!
♠ Also, job V had ABC pay, which was Activity Based Compensation. Meaning if you had a day of bad calls, your pay could go as low as minimum wage. You have to constantly fight to make anywhere between minimum wage and $13 dollars an hour. Also, if you were at work waiting for a call, you weren't being paid for minutes you weren't on the call.
The only downside to the new job is that they've taken me on temp to hire with no benefits until they hire me on as a full time employee. However, as long as I prove myself that should be within 3 months! Here's hoping!
See why I'm stoked about my new job?
(((P.s. Wanna know the absolute best thing about my new job? I don't have to see or deal with The Pothead or the Soggy Rotten Mango! That's priceless!)

This sounds so ideal!!!!
ReplyDeleteI can see why you love the new job. The best thing about this post: I just noticed (though I should have put it together before) the nicknames you have for the previous jobs and co-workers... The Pothead and Soggy Rotten Mango. Priceless.
ReplyDeleteAhh this sounds awesome! :]
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you found such a nice job :D
Awww! Angie I'm so happy for you! It's [SO] obvious you're super happy!
ReplyDeleteThe job sounds awesome!:)
Girl, I'm so glad you're happy! It makes me happy that youre happy. And D laughed about the dress code...he says it still holds true!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the wednesday luncheons! :-*
And was it Javi that talked to you? he's awesome!
K. Now make them hire me.
ReplyDeleteI'm stoked for you love! Not to sound like a nerd but you kept switching it from job T to job A, lol.
ReplyDeletei'm so happy for you! i know there was a lot of drama surrounding your whole job situation, so i'm thrilled that it worked out so well for you. i wish i had a stocked break room! we just have coffee and tea :(
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletehappy day!!
ReplyDeleteWow those are some really awesome pluses! You go girl! I'm so happy for you!!! I can hear the excitement in your voice!! Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteWe always like a work culture that respects our priorities and this one seems so much like made for you. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteNice - glad you are enjoying it. After all...you rock!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that keyboard pic!!!
ReplyDeleteDamn the luck... the job's a NO GO for me if I actually have to wear CLOTHES! UGH!