10.12.2009

Super-Awesome Weekend Number 2

Happy Monday everyone! Time to report on my weekend, which is Awesome Days 8, 9 & 10 in my 30 Days of Awesome!


Awesome Day 8
Friday evening started out not-so-awesome, as one of my very dear friends was feeling really down due to some circumstances. So after work I quickly headed up to his house after stopping to pick up coffee for the three of us, and then we sat around and watched The IT Crowd (so freaking funny!) and then Dollhouse.
After that, Josh, Angel, Ortie, Emily and I made the trip to Sandy to see 3Reasonz play at Club Allure on 90th South. I know I've said this before, but I LOVE 3Reasonz, and when they make it big someday I will be able to say I knew the lead singer! We had so much fun! Even if the club was a little ghetto.


Emily and I at Club Allure while waiting for 3Reasonz to come on.

Ortie and Josh, so cute!

Adorable Angel and her smurf drink.

The band playing, it's a horrible picture due to lighting and distance, but they're so awesome!


After the concert, we all headed back to Josh's house, where we all snuggled up on the bed and watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It was my first time seeing it, and I don't think it was scary at all. I ended up falling asleep during it.
Awesome Day 9


On Saturday, I picked Emily up and we made our way to SLC to pick up my bridesmaid dress from David's bridal. It really hurt to spend $120, but it had to be done. We also visited the Spirit store where we wandered around and looked at all the fun Halloween stuff. After dropping the dress off at my grandmother's, we made our way back to the Blue Boutique and then off to lunch at Noodles & Co.
After lunch, we ended up wandering through Barnes & Nobles for a while, and I finally caved and bought the books I've been lusting over for a while now. I've read his works before, but I gave my copy of The Mastery of Love to Josh when I was finished with it, and I wanted to read the others. B&N had a boxed set for only $29.99 and I'm ready to read them all. Read my review on The Mastery of Love HERE.
Then we wandered the Gateway for a while, looking for pants for Emily. I wanted to stop in at Bath and Body Works to pick up my favorite scent for this time of year. However, this year they aren't carrying the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin scent anymore, and so I settled for their newest scent "Leaves".
It's amazing. I'm still not sure I like it more than my pumpkin (which I just found online on clearance and am debating ordering) but it's still fantastic. It literally smells like fall. Every time I catch a whiff of it, it makes me think of walking down a tree lined lane and smelling all of the yellow, red and orange leaves in the air. Now and again I get a whiff of cinnamon, or apples... It's very memory inducing, and I adore it.
After we were done with our shopping, we headed back to Ogden where we met up with Josh and Angel so that we could go to a haunted house. We ended up at Nightmare on 13th. I have to say this, it was very fun, but it wasn't hardly scary at all, which is disappointing. For being rated one of the top haunted houses in America, I fear I don't have much to look forward to anymore. How sad is that? I want to be scared out of my willies! I guess I'll have to start chasing real ghosts from now on...
Awesome Day 10
Sunday morning I went to breakfast at the Star Cafe with Josh, Kristina, Kaden and Kailee. After that we went and wandered around Target and then grabbed Coffee at Starbucks. It was so fun to spend time with a couple of my favorite people.
When I was finally home I crashed out for a few hours because I was exhausted. When I woke up, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Max was over, and he'd brought a new game with him. So Ken, Max and I sat around and played Stoneage, which was a tremendous amount of fun! I really like sitting around and just playing with a couple of people, it makes the game go faster and it's also the people who really want to play. :) We need to do game nights on a different night now.

1 comment:

  1. HI Angie,

    I found you through Trey's blog and when I read your posts....lo and behold...we are neighbors! I'm in Salt Lake City.

    Small world, huh?

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.