3.02.2015

Musical Mondays: Popular Song

I just finished reading Wicked by Gregory McGuire (review here) so I thought I'd share something fun that was related. I've listened to the Wicked musical soundtrack for years.  It was something that my friends in theatre and I shared a love for back in high school so it brings back very fond memories and I can't wait to see the movie when it comes out in 2016.  So, I was super excited the first time I heard Popular Song by MIKA & Arianna Grande, which incorporates some of the lyrics and sounds from the song Popular in Wicked.  The video is also semi-related, look how cute:

This week's song:
Popular Song
by MIKA featuring Arianna Grande


 Adorable right?  I just love MIKA.  LOVE.  If you want to hear the original, here it is:





Musical Mondays is a weekly linky party where you can share songs or other music-related posts each Monday and link up with the linky.  Then you can enter the monthly giveaway and visit the other music posts linked up. To join us:
  1. Write a blog post sharing music or something music-related.
  2. Include the Musical Mondays button (code below) and/or a link back.
  3. Link-up in the linky below.
  4. Visit other Musical Monday links in the linky.
  5. Enter the Giveaway below.
Musical Mondays




This month I'm giving away a $10 Amazon gift card!  Giveaway is open Worldwide and ends on 4/1/15. Entering below agrees to all Terms & Conditions within the Rafflecopter widget. Have so much fun, and good luck!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

32 comments:

  1. Aw, I love this! I adore Kristen Chenoweth as Glinda the very most. She played her when I saw it in SLC and it was perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Wicked! I have seen it three times at the local theater. I normally hate Arianna Grande but, that was actually cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Popular Song! It gets stuck in my head aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it too, but I haven't seen it at all! Boo! I'm the same, I'm pretty "meh" about her, but I think this was before she got too famous. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bet, she's the perfect Glinda! I wish I'd seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first time I've heard this song but I'm in love! Mika is so awesome:)


    Amanda | teatimetails.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. We LOVE Wicked!! We saw the show in England with Idina Menzel. So excited to hear that there will be a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Popular Song with Mika and Ariana Grande was my first introduction to Ariana! I love that it fused the musical with the newer music. So catchy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah that's amazing, I wish I could have seen it when Idina and Kristen were doing it! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not my kind of song but thanks so much for the chance!
    mcfallsk8er[at]aim[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for this amazing giveaway! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just saw your blog listed in the blogger life! I will be sure to follow and try to link up with you some Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to see Wicked. The music is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the awesome giveaway! Fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank You for hosting this giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  17. My kids really like Ariana Grande, thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am a huge fan of a lot of music!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great idea! I love all kinds of music and am always looking for new bands to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for the chance to win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would put this toward a birthday gift for my grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I might be one of the only people alive who hasn't seen Wicked haha

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would use it to buy a book :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. There is always something to buy on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really like the Popular Song, and I'm a big fan of Kristin Chenowith!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this song! I like the original version best.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cool! I haven't seen or read Wicked, I keep hearing how great it is!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.