Today I want to introduce you to a fun blog called Aphrodite+Kidd. This blog is run by Jordan and Dani, and they do an awesome job sharing their love of fashion and beauty on the blog. They also share some fun stuff like recipes and fitness-so they cover a little bit of everything for a great well-rounded feel. Want to know more? I interviewed Jordan about their blog:
How did Aphrodite+Kidd get started?
Aphrodite+Kidd was first thought of back in 2007. Dani and I weren't aware that there was a way for us to express our sense of style, beauty, and quirks. We learned about blogging in 2010 so pretty late. We wanted to feature a blog for the so called "fashion+beauty misfits" petite, plus-size, and healthy girls. The girls that loved makeup but weren't makeup artist.
What is your favorite thing about blogging?
My favourite thing about blogging is the creative process. I've created mini series within in the blog for example thrifting Tuesday or Review Wednesday. I have so much fun trying to figure out how to make thrift store shopping fun and something people would want to read.
What have you learned since you started blogging?
I think the most important thing I learned has come since our revamp and leaving our old blog behind. We've had to go back to blogging for ourselves because we haven't generated the same traffic we use to.
What are some of your passions in life when you're not blogging?
When I'm not blogging I tend to do things that relate to blogging. I love to travel. As a lass I travelled a lot. Not anymore. Right now I'm obsessed with going to Napa to wine taste. Although I put it on hold I've been working on a YA novel series for the last ten years. I also really love doing behind the camera work and getting ready for our blog week.
Why is fashion important to you?
That's a funny question only because Dani and I are totally different with our approach to fashion. She loves the pretty and the glamorous way clothes make her feel. I love the construction of a garment. Knowing that I sewed this, I made someone feel pretty or glamours that's a pretty important thing.
Note: Here's some examples of Dani's style-check out the posts by clicking on the photo!
What is one piece of advice you'd give to the people reading today?
It's one I heard before but I didn't listen to it until recently. Blog for yourself. If others like it hell yeah, but don't do it for others.
Want to get to know Aphrodite+Kidd a bit more? Read these posts:
- Every Wednesday Dani & Jordan do a review post. Check out THIS ONE.
- Also, every Monday they do a Motivational Monday post! Check out THIS ONE.
- Statement Necklaces are SO 2014! Ear Cuffs are the New Statement Piece.




This is such an awesome giveaway! :) You always host the best giveaways! xoxo
ReplyDeleteHi nice to meet you Jordan and Dani. You both look amazing and awesome giveaway.
ReplyDeleteLove that we got to know more about you! This would be a fun prize to win indeed.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to have a night to pamper myself. Would love to win this.
ReplyDeleteThis is a fun giveaway! I love to pamper myself, although I don't always have time to do so. I hope you have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteFun giveaway. I think these items on the giveaway is perfect for date nights at home.
ReplyDeleteThis looks like a great giveaway! Thank you for sharing! :)
ReplyDeleteSigh, I'd love some spa goodies.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing - it's always good to have a nice, relaxing evening every now and then.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I'm starting to get more into fashion, etc. so it's nice to see people that really love it.
-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com
Interesting post! Love your style of writing and your pictures!
ReplyDeleteWish you good luck with your blog!
Diana Cloudlet
http://www.dianacloudlet.com/
wow that's a great giveaway. I could really use a spa night. lol.
ReplyDeleteI love this spa package! Great idea!
ReplyDeleteI loved the movie 22 Jump Street! It is hilarious! Thank you for the great giveaway :)
ReplyDeleteI still need to see it... I'm going to definitely have to check it out after this.
ReplyDeleteThey're awesome, aren't they?
ReplyDeleteOh man, couldn't we all? Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome, they're awesome.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure it'll be a fab prize to use. Good luck :)
ReplyDeleteThat's a great idea! The movies are definitely something you could watch and laugh at while relaxing.
ReplyDeleteI don't typically have time to either, but that's why at home pampering is so much easier than having to go out for it. Hope you have a wonderful day too!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
ReplyDeleteThey're fabulous, glad you liked getting to know them.
ReplyDeleteThey are amazing! Good luck with the giveaway. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! I LOVE good quality giveaways by awesome people.
ReplyDeleteJordan and Dani sound like a fun pair. I would definately read about thrift shopping. I love thrift shops and finding great bargains!
ReplyDelete