11.14.2014

Friday Night Confessions

Hello loves!  I'm late to the party tonight, but still wanted to sit down and write something.

New Hair New Hair

I confess... I got a hair cut.  I don't love it.  I mean it's quality-Jamie did as good a job as ever... But I think I've hit my short-hair limit.  I decided about two hours after that I wanted to start growing my hair out.  It's going to be a while, but good thing I'm likely too broke to get a haircut again any time soon.  

Sick Fixes

I confess... I'm sick, and at a very inopportune time at that.  I started feeling the tickle Tuesday and by Wednesday morning I was suffering a pretty bad sore throat.  Rough timing since I had a French test Wednesday, an Intro to Human Sexuality test Wednesday evening, two papers to write, a Math test Thursday evening, Neil Gaiman Thursday evening, dinner with coworkers Friday night, and a housewarming party Saturday night.

I confess... I kept trudging along all week but here it is Friday night and I've finally conceded that I have to stop.  I didn't think going to a nice restaurant with snot running down my face was a good idea. Getting my friends/coworkers sick also didn't seem like a nice thing to do...

Snow and Roses

I confess... We had our first actual snowfall the other day.  It's been bitterly cold for a few days and then the snow came.  It was pretty strikingly beautiful, so I had to snap this photo of the remaining roses.

Neil Gaiman Ogden Utah

I confess... Neither sickness or snow or my Math test was keeping from seeing Neil Gaiman!  I paid $70 for tickets, Kristina was relying on me, and it was NEIL EFFING GAIMAN.  I rushed from work to school where I took my Math test in about 15 minutes (I'm still fairly sure I got an A, if not 100%) and took an alternate freeway (the main one being flooded with rush-hour and first-snow) and made it just in time for dinner to start at the Gala.

I confess... Neil Gaiman was charming and witty and he read us THREE stories.  How many people scan say "Neil Gaiman read me a story last night IN PERSON!"  I can.  Kristi can, and probably the other hundred people in the room.  It was amazing.  It was worth being miserable through it because I couldn't breathe and my nose was running.

Ogden Utah

I confess... Being back in Ogden for the gala last night brought back a lot of memories.  It's amazing the weight they carry.  The exit, driving down Washington, the lights... Even the crisp winter smell increased it.  I spent some very striking years of my life there.  My first apartment, first love, first attempt at college... I have a lot of love and a lot of anxiety about Ogden-and it's nice to go back once and a while.

Caffe Ibis: Highlander Grogg

I confess... I tried a new coffee this week.  I went to Harmon's looking for tea for my cold when I saw this pretty... I'll admit, I am currently obsessed with Outlander (very close to finishing the second book) so the name initially drew me in-but then I read the label.  Vanilla, hazelnuts, and AGED SCOTCH WHISKEY?!?!?! Yes please.  It both smells and tastes amazing-and since buying it so many people have told me it's their favorite.  Plus Caffe Ibis is local!

I confess... I'm worried I'll have to cancel my plans for tomorrow too... But I guess I'll get some stuff around the house done and potentially some holiday gifts.  I need rest. My face is puffy and runny.

How was your week?
Linking up with:
Friday Confessional

15 comments:

  1. I hope you start feeling better soon! I started getting a tickle in my throat earlier today and am not looking forward to getting sick; here is to hoping I can chase it off before it really starts! I am with you on the hair thing -- I am growing mine out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon!! I had a Sleepy time tea with sinus meds in it last year but can't find it this year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon too...............a hair cut always makes me feel good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better soon! My hair stylists always flat out refuse to cut my hair short. I think they know me too well. The one time they bent to my wishes, I hated it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! I hope you feel better today! I'm sick too (thanks to half my coworkers, who have been sick all week, and the deadlines that don't allow us to take a day off when we're ill), and this thing seems to be harsh for 4 days or so, and then cling for another 4 before going. :(


    NEIL EFFING GAIMAN! That is beyond awesome. He has such a wonderful voice, and what a treat. I'm jealous. :)


    Thanks for the snow and roses pic, which is beautiful. It's been freezing here, too (enough frost to kill the plants) but no snow. Booooo. Can you send some to us, please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous you got to see Neil Gaiman. My kids laugh that instead of wolves in the walls we have cats in the walls at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you're sick! Hopefully you are feeling better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks love! I'm better enough that I'm back to work today, but still have a rattle when breathing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neil Gaiman was so amazing! He's really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously. Kids and coworkers. Those are the two leading causes of plague transferal! lol


    It was a treat, he was just wonderful!


    I'll send some snow your way, but we haven't had any since that day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! I've liked the haircut for a while, but it keeps getting shorter and shorter each time I go in and I think I just hit my limit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you doll! I love sleepy time tea. I got Sleepy Time Tea with Echinaccea Complete Care. Amazeballs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, Ogden! I have so much love for Ogden since I lived there for six years.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.