Hello readers! For day 8 of the 12 Days of Giveaways we're here with Anna Scanlon, who not only blogs at Anna in Wonderland, but who has written THREE books! She's going to give away two of them today, but let's get to know her...
How do you usually celebrate the holidays?
I celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah--although for me Hanukkah has never been a holiday where you get presents (mostly due to the fact that it wasn't originally and we do Christmas as well). Since I've been living abroad for the past three years, I go to the US to celebrate with my family. This year, I'm coming back for New Year's so I can celebrate that with my boyfriend (who is British). For Hanukkah, we typically just light the candles and say the prayers and make latkes and sufganiyot (jam or custard donuts). We usually just get the latter from Krispy Creme (I'm not even sure that is technically kosher!)...but this year I may try to make my own. For Christmas, my parents and I get together with family near us and have a Christmas dinner and open presents in the morning. It hasn't really changed since I was little.
Are you a Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopper?
If so, what are you planning to shop for those days this year?
Since I'm living in the UK, we don't really have that as there is no Thanksgiving. I believe they have their sales on Boxing Day (the day after Christmas), but I've not really ever been in the country for Boxing Day. But since I've been in the UK, I've hosted Thanksgiving dinner for some of the American expats I've known throughout the years and some of my British friends. That's always a hit! Just no shopping added.
What is your favorite holiday food?
Everything! My dad makes amazing stuffing that we eat at Christmas. I also love a good sugar cookie and gingerbread cookies....and I like when Starbucks does the gingerbread lattes. We have a coffee shop here called Costa that is very similar to Starbucks and their gingerbread lattes are a bit better than Starbucks'. And of course, you can't beat Hanukkah, a holiday where you are supposed to eat fried food.
What's at the top of your holiday wishlist this year?
New suitcases. My old ones are beat up from so much traveling. But other than that, I just want to be healthy and happy. Sounds cliche, but it is cliche for a reason.
What inspires your writing?
Lots of things. I feel like inspiration comes from everywhere, and sometimes it is like the character is trying to tell you his or her story and you just have to write it down. I get a lot of inspiration from feelings, experiences and music. I was actually in the hospital in October and that inspired me to write a sequel to Unravelled. I don't know why, but in the pain killer haze I was in, I felt like I needed to. But I am trying to focus on my PhD thesis at the moment...although it can be difficult when inspiration is calling!
Anna is giving one lucky reader paperback copies of Children of the Most High and Unravelled!
Giveaway is open worldwide and ends 12/4/14 at 12AM.
Don't forget to visit tomorrow to enter day 7 of the 12 Days of Giveaways!






Where I live no snow except for the peak of an inactive volcano x2 but we still pretend to have it!
ReplyDeletei love spending winter evenings curled up in bed reading a book!
ReplyDeleteCuddled up by a fire with a book in my hands
ReplyDeletecozy winter evening is us 3 (me, my man, and my weimaraner) sitting in front of the fire place. I'd read a book with my hot cup of chocolate, my man would be playing with the dog or massaging it.
ReplyDeleteCurled up on the sofa with a good book
ReplyDeleteOn the couch with a blanket, cocoa, a book, and Netflix.
ReplyDeleteBy my fireplace with a good book, a nice candle lit, and hot chocolate ;)
ReplyDeleteI like to sit on the sofa under the covers with my daughter and watch movies.
ReplyDeleteCurled up on the couch or in bed with hot cocoa and a book or my laptop.
ReplyDeleteI love to spend my evening making hand made cards for family and friends.
ReplyDeleteSnuggled up on the couch with my hubby and puppies, watching a movie
ReplyDeleteDrinking a hot beverage and reading or playing video games with my hubby.
ReplyDeleteI like to spend them snuggled on the couch with my boyfriend and my crazy cats!
ReplyDeleteReading of course! :)
ReplyDeleteI like to snuggle up with my cute Pomeranian and fluffy bunny and watch TV.
ReplyDeletecurled up with a book
ReplyDeleteWith a good book & coffee!
ReplyDeleteWith a cup of tea and my tablet
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty much always on my computer or tablet!
ReplyDeleteUsually watching fairy tale story on TV or browsing internet.
ReplyDeleteWe like to eat pizza and watch a movie.
ReplyDeleteTucked up in my bed reading a book or watching movies and/or series.. Amd cuddling ofcourse! Hehe
ReplyDeleteCurled up in bed.
ReplyDeleteby my bedroom window with a book and cup of tea.
ReplyDelete