8.11.2014

All About That Bass {Musical Mondays & Giveaway)

This week's song:
All About That Bass
by Meghan Trainor



Because you know I'm all about that bass, 'bout that bass, no treble
Because you know I'm all about that bass, 'bout that bass, no treble
Because you know I'm all about that bass, 'bout that bass, no treble
I'm all about that bass, 'bout that bass, (bass bass bass)

Yeah it's pretty clear I ain't no size two
But I can shake it shake it like I'm supposed to do
'Cause I got that boom boom that all the boys chase
And all the right junk in all the right places

I see them magazines working that Photoshop
We know that shit ain't real come on now make it stop
If you've got beauty beauty just raise 'em up
'Cause every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top

Yeah my mamma she told me don't worry about your size 
She says boys like a little more booty to hold at night (that booty booty, that booty booty)
You know I wont be no stick figure silicone barbie doll
So if that's what you're into then go ahead and move along

Because you know I'm all about that bass, 'bout that bass, no treble
Because you know I'm all about that bass, 'bout that bass, no treble
Because you know I'm all about that bass, 'bout that bass, no treble
I'm all about that bass, 'bout that bass, (hey!)

I'm bringing booty back go ahead and tell them skinny bitches that
No I'm just playin' I know y'all think you're fat
But I'm here to tell you every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top

Yeah my mamma she told me don't worry about your size 
She says boys like a little more booty to hold at night (that booty booty, that booty booty)
You know I wont be no stick figure silicone barbie doll
So if that's what you're into then go ahead and move along

Because you know I'm all about that bass, 'bout that bass, no treble
Because you know I'm all about that bass, 'bout that bass, no treble
Because you know I'm all about that bass, 'bout that bass, no treble
I'm all about that bass, 'bout that bass
(Repeat x3)

I love love love love this song.  It's cute and catchy and embraces women with big booties!  I know there have been some people annoyed by it and I've heard some of the body love community freaking out that it shames skinny women but I don't agree.  

First of all, why does everyone have to take everything so damn personally?  Just because someone is saying "I love big butt" doesn't mean it is automatically saying "I hate your tiny butt." Get over yourself for a minute.  Yes, she says "skinny bitches" but it doesn't mean she's using that in a terribly negative way, and then she immediately says "I know ya'll think you're fat" (which is true, is there a single girl out there that doesn't think some part of her is fat even if she's super skinny?  We all dislike things about ourselves, no matter what size you are) and then tells them they're "perfect from the bottom to the top" just like everyone else she's singing to.  She's trying to embrace that everyone is perfect, and she has different sizes in her video too.

I say just enjoy the song.  It's fun and has a great sound to it-stop being a negative nelly all the time and just shake your booty-big or small! 

What are you listening to this week?
Please grab the button and link up your Musical Mondays post in the linky!






Now for the Giveaway 
Enter to win this bracelet courtesy of me! This giveaway will run from Monday, 8/4/14 to Saturday, 8/30/14 at 12AM. It is open worldwide. Entering the following Rafflecopter agrees to the terms and conditions within.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.