8.04.2014

Did Any of Me Stick At All? {Musical Mondays & Giveaway}

What is Musical Mondays?
Musical Mondays is a weekly linky party where we share a song we're into for the week, and talk about why we like it-or why it effects us.  Along with talking about music, I host a (usually) month-long music giveaway. 

This week's song:
Stick
by Ingrid Michaelson



A long long time ago you and I put on the show 
And we ran it in the ground
You said it's not enough, don't want a broken love
You were nowhere to be found
Even after something's gotta hold on

Did any of me stick at all? (Was it really no one's fault?)
Can you hear me singing through the wall? (That we used to lean on)
There's a part of you that stays with me someone else gets to know
Did any of me stick at all? Did any of me ever stick at all?

I've got somebody new, he dances just like you 
It makes me wonder how you are
Can't hide the memory
The memory of you and me when we went kissing in the dark
I'm always after something that wont hold on

Did any of me stick at all? (Was it really no one's fault?)
Can you hear me singing through the wall? (That we used to lean on)
There's a part of you that stays with me someone else gets to know
Did any of me stick at all? Did any of me ever stick at all?

We are the road untaken the moon that's fading
If it it means that you and me we gotta break it
Well I'm done faking but I need to know
Do you remember who I am?

Did any of me stick?
Did any of me stick?

Did any of me stick at all? (Was it really no one's fault?)
Can you hear me singing through the wall? (That we used to lean on)
There's a part of you that stays with me someone else gets to know
Did any of me stick at all? Did any of me ever stick at all?
[x2]

Did any of me stick at all?

I love this whole album, but this song is yet another I love love love.  It's something I think of often.  Every person I've ever been with, ever loved, or ever even had feelings for at all has left a little something with me.  Whether it's a profound sense of nostalgia when I think of them, a little habit I picked up at the time, or an emotional scar-there's always something.  That something, no matter how little, has affected me and changed me going forward.

It always makes me wonder if I did the same for any of them.  Chances are yes, but you never know...

What are you listening to this week?
Please grab the button and link up your Musical Mondays post in the linky!






Now for the Giveaway 
Enter to win this bracelet courtesy of me! This giveaway will run from Monday, 8/4/14 to Saturday, 8/30/14 at 12AM. It is open worldwide. Entering the following Rafflecopter agrees to the terms and conditions within.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.