8.01.2014

Confessions & End of July Life Update

I confess.. I'm camping today, but I have a post for you anyway! I wanted to look back on July since it's now August!

Confessions & End of July Life Update



Last weekend was SO busy! Melanie Grace came to town for our 10 Year High School Reunion.  She brought along her husband and baby (I'd never met them before) and it was fantastic!  Her baby is very sweet, and Travis (her husband) was such a great person to get to know.  I liked everything about him and I'm glad he's part of the family.  When he went to leave I hugged him and said so, and he agreed.  I think he's her perfect balance.

Melanie & Travis Philips

We hung out a few times while she was here.  First we went for a drive up the canyon and then visited our old high school for nostalgia's sake.  Then on Friday night we all met up and went clubbing at Area 51.  For those of you who don't know it, it's the goth club (or was) here in SLC and the only club that allowed 18 year olds in when we were that age.  It had a lot of memories for us, but being there... It sucks now.  They were playing hip hop like any other club, and there's nothing like a bunch of 18 year old wannabes in white wife beaters grinding on the dance floor to fully remind you that A: You're too old for this and B: Nothing stays the same.  We did go to Freaky Dees after for a late night dinner/breakfast and chatting.

Miss Angie My So-Called ChaosFreaky Dees

On Saturday I finally dragged Kristina to my amazing hair dresser Jamie.  Kristina has been wanting to do that hair style where you shave half of your head for a long while, but she's been kind of afraid.  It's with good reason, that's a big change.

Pamela's Salon & Day Spa

But Jamie did an AMAZING job as always, and Kristina is totally smitten with it.  There might be a whole post about it when I finish editing photos, but here is the before and after:

Side Shave Haircut Before & After

And of course an adorable photo of us both after our new haircuts:

Side Shave Haircut

Then after Kristina and I parted ways, I rushed to Utah County to pick up Melanie and Travis and make our way to the High School Reunion.  This definitely will have a post when I finish editing photos-but I will tell you that it still feels like High School (people sit mostly with their cliques) and the most fun part was totally sneaking booze in.  I mean it was Utah County and they weren't providing wine or anything, we had to spike the punch... At least we only did our own punch. Here's me, pre-reunion in my new eShakti dress-review soon!

My So-Called Chaos eShakti & Firmoo

Sunday morning we wanted to brunch with a group of friends but it wasn't happening, so we met up with Jon and Meggy at Wheeler Farm to have breakfast at their farmers market and meet their new Dachshund Atlas.  He's another rescue and he and Thor get along great.  They're such a cute little family!

Dachshunds Thor & Atlas

Then we wandered around and Josh made some new goat & sheep friends.  This sheep was rolling it's head back and loving Josh scratching her behind the ears.  The little goat leaned into the fence to demand pets.

Wheeler FarmWheeler Farm

Then we met up with the brunch crew for bowling, pizza, and way too much beer.

Fat Cats BowlingFat Cats Bowling

I confess... I went on a first date.  It was nice and he was nice.  It is actually a hilarious story... Which leads me to...

I confess... My old post about Womanizer still comes back up to haunt me every now and again, and it makes me laugh!  I recently received a comment on this post from a girl that is currently dating him.  She thanked me for not deleting the post about him so she could go into the relationship with open eyes.  She then proceeded to keep talking to me via email about it.  Eventually she was like "Hey when you're single again, I have this friend who's great and you should meet him!" I thought what the hell, and that's who I went on a date with. 
Charles Dickens Quote
I confess... You know me.  It takes some time for me to warm up. We'll see how it goes.

I confess... Frank is still annoying.  Maybe one day I wont wish him non-existant, but for now I wish he'd just disappear.  He messages me the other day (after I've been pretty obvious about ignoring him when we bump into each other) and asks me "Is it okay to smile and wave when we see each other yet?" Nope. Definitely not.  That door is locked, bolted, and welded shut buddy.  He doesn't get it.  It's not about what he thinks it's about-it's about him being an asshole and terrible friend.  I don't need it in my life, and no amount of him trying to charm his way back into my group is going to work this time.
Forgiveness Quote

I confess... I updated my online destash shop with so many gorgeous things.  Please check it out HERE.

I confess... There's so many goodies in my Goodbye July Group Giveaway HERE.

July Group Giveaway at My So-Called Chaos

Linking up with:
Friday Confessional

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.