What is Musical Mondays?
Musical Mondays is a weekly linky party where we share a song we're into for the week, and talk about why we like it-or why it effects us. Along with talking about music, I host a (usually) month-long music giveaway.
This week's song:
Look At You Girl
by Chris Ledoux
Just look at you girl, standin' here beside me
Starlight on your hair, lookin' like a dream I dreamed somewhere
And look at me girl, you've got me acting just like a lover
In an old time picture show, and how I got the part I just don't know
But it's written all across your face, plain as it could be
You're the one that I was looking for, and now you're all that I can see
You mean everything to me
And I'd do anything to have you stay forever
I'm an ordinary man but I feel like I can do anything in the world
When I look at you girl
Just look at you girl, walking here beside me in the misty morning light
I see my own reflection in your eyes
And you smile at me girl with eyes that tell a story that words could never say
Telling me your love is gonna stay
And we're standing right together now in everything we do
And if my world should come apart I'll still be loving you
You mean everything to me
And I'd do anything to have you stay forever
I'm an ordinary man but I feel like I can do anything in the world
When I look at you girl
Today's song choice is for my daddy. It's his 49th birthday today, and this is a song that always reminds me of him. When I was an infant my parents left me with my grandmother to run into town (Spanish Fork, Utah) for a Chris Ledoux concert. My dad was helping set up and talking about his first born (that's me!) and was scolded by Chris Ledoux about not bringing me along. He ran home and brought me up, handed me to Chris Ledoux who promptly held me up and said "Well, she's a cute little shit isn't she!" I sure was.
We always listened to Chris Ledoux when I was little, and this song specifically stands out because I can remember him singing along to it on multiple occasions. My dad isn't perfect, he's quick-to-temper and way too blunt sometimes (um, yeah I get that from him) but he's also a great guy who'd do just about anything for you if you needed and he's a true romantic. I have fond memories of him coming home with a song (much like this one) and putting it on the old stereo and dragging mom into the living room to dance along with her while they had a moment after a long day. Despite any difference they may have had, those moments were always special and a great reminder for us kids of at least one small thing to expect when love finally finds us. My parents have been married for 29 years as of this past January, so something has to be working!
Happy birthday daddy! I love you!
What are you listening to this week?
Please grab the button and link up your Musical Mondays post in the linky!


No comments:
Post a Comment