What is Musical Mondays?
Musical Mondays is a weekly linky party where we share a song we're into for the week, and talk about why we like it-or why it effects us. Along with talking about music, I host a month-long music giveaway.
This week's song:
Habits (Stay High)
by Tove Lo
Oh oh, oh oh, oh oh
I eat my dinner in my bath tub then I go to sex clubs watchin' freaky people gettin' it on
It doesn't make me nervous if anything I'm restless yeah I've been around and I've seen it all
I get home I've got the munchies bingin' on the twinkies throw up in the tub and then I go to sleep
And I drink up all my money days get kind of lonely
You're gone and I've gotta stay high all the time to keep you off my mind (oooo oooo)
You're gone and I've gotta stay high all the time to keep you off my mind (oooo oooo)
Spendin' my days locked in a haze tryin' to forget you babe I fall back down
Gotta stay high all my life to forget I'm missin' you (oooo oooo)
Pick up daddies at the playground how I spend my daytime
Loosen up the frown make them feel alive
I'll make it fast and greasy I'm on my way to easy
You're gone and I've gotta stay high all the time to keep you off my mind (oooo oooo)
You're gone and I've gotta stay high all the time to keep you off my mind (oooo oooo)
Spendin' my days locked in a haze tryin' to forget you babe I fall back down
Gotta stay high all my life to forget I'm missin' you (oooo oooo)
Stayin' in my play pretend where the fun ain't got no end (oh oh)
Can't go home alone again need someone to numb the pain (oh oh)
Stayin' my play pretend where the fun ain't got no end (oh oh)
Can't go home alone again need someone to numb the pain
You're gone and I've gotta stay high all the time to keep you off my mind (oooo oooo)
You're gone and I've gotta stay high all the time to keep you off my mind (oooo oooo)
Spendin' my days locked in a haze tryin' to forget you babe I fall back down
Gotta stay high all my life to forget I'm missin' you (oooo oooo)
Okay, so this song isn't the best example of how to deal with a breakup, but it's catchy-especially the chorus. I really enjoy Tove Lo, and my friend Ortie showed it to us one night when we were bonding over YouTube videos. Most of us have never been this extreme, but I'm sure each and everyone one of us can relate to that feeling when you're trying to forget about someone who hurt you.
What are you listening to this week?
Please grab the button and link up your Musical Mondays post in the linky!
No comments:
Post a Comment