1.30.2014

The Beauty Phanatic's Top 5 Beauty Tricks & Giveaway

Anissa from The Beauty Phanatic is one of the prettiest beauty savants I know, and today I've asked her to share her Top 5 Beauty Tricks with you!  She's also been so kind as to offer an awesome giveaway that includes The Body Shop Chocomania Body Butter and three Julep nail polishes-it is valued at about $48! So stay tuned after the tricks in order to enter the giveaway! 

  1. Baby Powder: This is one of my most used tricks! I get greasy hair the day after shampooing, and as most of you know shampooing your hair everyday is not ideal but who wants to walk around looking like a greaser from grease? I love dry shampoo but even at drugstore prices, a $5.00 can still doesn't beat out the good old baby powder trick. I normally can buy a large thing of baby powder for less then $2.00 which would be equivalent to 6 cans of dry shampoo. When I apply my baby powder I section my hair off in the little section and sprinkle the powder closest to the roots, after all my sections are done I let the powder sit for about 10 minuets while I get dressed or finish my makeup this allows the powder to soak up all the excess grease on the scalp and roots. After brush your hair to blend in anything showing and avoid rubbing with your hands! Style as normal and enjoy :)
  2. Razors: I don't know about you but I think razors are expensive these days, at $10.00-$15.00 a pack it can be an expensive chore if you ask me. Well at least I feel like shaving is a chore sometimes lol! Have you ever noticed that your tossing out your razor faster then you'd like or its not giving you the cleanest shave anymore? Well this next tip is to get a small jar and fill with olive oil, well any liquid oil you please, and place somewhere in your shower (away from the stream of water) and soak! The water and steam from our everyday showers kills the life of the razor by speeding up the rust factor and corrosion. Soaking your razor in oil between shaves acts as a barrier from the water and prevents your razor from rusting which keeps your blade nice and sharp and saves the life of your razor by weeks!! 
  3. Mascara: I love mascara its probably my second favorite makeup item, however I hate when my favorite mascara dries up faster then I can use it. When I have started to notice that my mascara is starting to get clumpier then I’d like I know its time to bring out the eye solution! Thats right eye solution, most people think adding a little water will help moisten mascara however it dries it out more. Eye solution will revive your mascara and actually keep it moist! 
  4. Cut it open: Get 25% more out of the beauty products you already have! I don't know why I didn't do this earlier in life but cutting open products that come in tubes is a MUST for me now. You would be surprised how much product is left behind and wasted! I first tried this out when I ran out of my Benefit Porefessional and discovered I had enough product left in the edges of the tube to fill up a sample size jar plus some. I always keep sample jars just for this purpose now! 
  5. Peroxide: Now my last trick is a peroxide rinse after you brush your teeth, this helps whiten and over time will change the color of your teeth significantly!! However I would only do this a few times a week not everyday.. MAJOR FYI this works but doesn't have a pleasant taste! BUT it does work wonders over time for a fraction of the cost of teeth whiteners.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.