1.29.2014

A to Z Book Survey

I snagged this from Living a Goddess Life, who snagged it from The Book Rat, who probably snagged it form someone who snagged it from someone... But hey, it's fun!   You can play along too! 

A: Author you've read the most books by:  Charlaine Harris-due to keeping up with the Sookie Stackhouse Series.

B: Best Sequel Ever: I loved The Prisoner of Azkaban the best out of the Harry Potter Series.  Does that count?  Or The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe which was a sequel technically.

C: Currently Reading: The Wicked Girls by Alex Marwood.

D: Drink of Choice While Reading:  If it's Morning/Day then Coffee, or if it's the evening Wine.

Coffee and The Ocean at the End of the Lane

E: E-Reader or Physical Book?  Physical Book all the way, nothing can replace that for me.

F: Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Dated in High School:  Um, I didn't really date in High School... Can we change this to "would have had a crush on"?  If so, then probably Odd Thomas? He would have been just weird enough and just outcast enough.  lol

G: Glad You Gave This Book a Chance: Ophelia by Lisa Klein.  I found it for like $3 on Amazon one Black Friday and thought "Why not?"  I ended up really enjoying the spin on Shakespeare's Hamlet.

H: Hidden Gem Book: The Mastery of Love by Don Miguel Ruiz.  I'm not huge on self-help books, but this one totally turned my entire view of love and how I respond/give it around.  I recommend it for ANYONE, single or coupled up.

I: Important Moment in Your Reading Life:  I've always loved reading.  My dad was a reader so he instilled the love of books in me from a very early age-but one book that really turned it around was in the fourth grade I read Indian Captive: The Story of Mary Jemison and loved it.  It's still a book I remember to this day as a turning point in stories for me.

J: Just Finished: The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by Anne Rice.  Blah.

K: Kinds of Books You Wont Read:  I'm pretty open... But you lose me when it comes to really religious/preachy books or westerns.

L: Longest Book You've Ever Read: The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley.  Worth it.

M: Major Book Hangover Because Of: Hmm... I can't think of any time I've had a huge book hangover.  I guess... I was pretty sad after reading Two Kisses for Maddy: A Memoir of Loss and Love by Matthew Logelin because it was heartbreaking... 

N: Number of Book Cases You Own:  Three, currently. (Well, that have books on them anyway.)

TBR Pile

O: One book you have read multiple times:  Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.  Hilarious!

P: Preferred place to read:  The couch, curled up by the plant and the window.  Or up in the mountains camping, that's the best! 

Q: Quote That Inspires You/Gives You Feels From a Book You've Read: “I do not miss childhood, but I miss the way I took pleasure in small things, even as greater things crumbled. I could not control the world I was in, could not walk away from things or people or moments that hurt, but I took joy in the things that made me happy.”  - The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman

R: Reading Regret: Twilight.  Though the Claiming of Sleeping Beauty comes in a close second. lol

S: Series You Started But Still Need to Finish (All Books Are Out): The Odd Thomas Series by Dean Koontz & The Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris.

T: Three of your Favorite Books: Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman, and The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley.

U: Unapologetic Fangirl For:  Neil Gaiman EVERYTHING & dirty vampire romance novels (not Twilight).

Neil Gaiman Signature

V: Very Excited for This Release More Than Others:  Can't think of anything... Probably more Neil Gaiman. lol

W: Worst Bookish Habits: Starting a book and not finishing it, taking forever to pick it back up in between readings... Probably the same as Beth-off trend and wont get an e-reader.

X: X Marks the Spot, Start at the Top of Your Shelf and Pick the 27th Book:  I'm at work, and not at home... Soooo I'm just going to guess at what I think it is and it's likely one of the three books in the His Dark Materials series, which I have yet to read but do own.

Y: Your Latest Book Purchase: The Wicked Girls & The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty.  Also my books (shhhh it's a secret) for my Books 'n' Bloggers partner Micaela from Mind Your Madness.

Z: Zzzz-Snatcher Book-(The last book that kept you up way too late): Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. It took me a bit to get into, but once I was caught up in the thriller I was hooked.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.