1.21.2014

January Literary Junkies


What is literary Junkies?
Literary Junkies is a monthly bookish linky party that happens on the third Tuesday of every month.  It is hosted by Life with a Side of Coffee and Pink Heels, Pink Truck.  It is also co-hosted this week by Kakers in Wonderland. They also read a monthly book like a book club, so tonight on Twitter at 7PM Central they will be discussing their current January book, which is The Chaperon by Laura Moriarty.  In Feb they'll be reading Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson.



What are you currently reading?  Tell us about it!
I'm currently reading The Wicked Girls by Alex Marwood.  So far I really am enjoying it.  It's set in the UK so you get a lot of terms that the brittish use (which can be quite different than our own slang actually) so it makes it kind of fun-like another world without being fantasy.  The Wicked Girls is a thriller about two girls who meet when they are eleven and end up charged with murder.  So far it's mostly following their new identities as they are adults, with the occasional flashback to that storyline, and they've just bumped into each other for the first time in years with a serial-killer scandal happening around them.

Out of the 16 books that will be turned into a movie this year, which are you most excited for?  {Article Here}
There are two I"m really looking forward to since I read the book.  First, The Fault in Our Stars Movie which is based on the book The Fault in our Stars by John Green because I loved the book.  Even though I'm a little "eeeehhhhh" on who they chose to play Hazel.  Also, the Gone Girl movie because I loved Gone Girl by Jillian Flynn-it was such a thriller and I think Ben Affleck is a good choice for Nick Dunne.

What was the worst book you've ever read?
Um, very likely the third Twilight book... I mean none of those books were very good but lord help me I read them all sticking with it... The third one was sooooo booooorrrrriiiiing and looooooong and slooooow.  LOL.  Though I'm pretty sure The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by Anne Rice comes pretty close in a horrible sort of way.  Read my review of it HERE.

What foods or drinks have you spilled on a book? 
I think the only thing is a few drops of coffee here and there.  I'm usually pretty careful with my books.

Do you picture characters as a popular actor?  Or do you create a whole new person?
Definitely a whole new person-at least until they start talking about making the book into the movie.  At that point, I start thinking of who I think would make the best version of that character.  Which makes it really hard to reconcile when they pick someone entirely different... Like how I really though Zooey Deschanel should have played Stormy in the Odd Thomas movie... I never pictured a blonde at all.

Of all of the authors that you've read books by, who's brain would you most want to pick?
Oh this is easy!  Neil Gaiman, hands down.  That man is the most genius creative storyteller I've ever read-I wish I had even an ounce of his imagination and talent for translating that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.