Thanksgiving was kind of thrown together quickly this year. My family and I gathered at my grandmother's house after work to enjoy a meal and chat. It was really nice to see everyone, including my cousin Curtis I haven't seen in years-who hasn't been back from Afghanistan very long now. Also all of the puppies that I don't get to see very often, including my Tanner! Tanner is getting very old-and he's nearly blind, totally deaf, and can't walk very well-but the minute he realized I was petting him he started squeaking and I thought I'd given him a heart attack! He was sooo excited to see me-what an awesome feeling.
Teenagers are just so charming, aren't they? lol!
I spent Friday night completely alone, which is sometimes nice. I watched chick TV, crocheted, and drank wine. I really should have been working on my final paper for Anthropology, but I'm totally the queen of procrastination. But it's still nice to have a night to just relax.
Saturday was Josh's birthday party, and we decided to combine it with a Hanukkah celebration and call it Joshikkah! It was a blast! Great friends, Latkas, good food, drinks, and more! It was such a blast! I wish I had taken more pictures, but I only got one of the banner and one of Callie and Brigg.
Sunday and Monday I spent hours working on my Anthropology Final. I wrote 7 pages MLA format about Inuit Culture-only to go to the last class and turn it in, and only spend 10 minutes in class. It was almost anticlimactic, but I'm super glad I finished it and I'm excited to have some time off from school.
And since it's Tuesday, here's my happy list this week:
And since it's Tuesday, here's my happy list this week:
- Spending time with great friends and family during parties and celebrations.
- Wine. Wine really makes me happy.
- This Doctor Who perler Magnet of Ten that my Sister-in-Law gave me:
- Learning to bounce back after heartache-I'm getting so much better at it! (and while it's sad that the brakes have been put on in certain situations I was really hopeful for, the fact that I didn't sit around and be heartbroken-but rather pick myself back up and go about life is good!)
- The article You Have to Go After The Things You Want, which reminds me that it's ok to have and express my feelings (you know, like telling the guy telling you he needs to back off how much you like him and then trying not to chastise yourself for bearing all of your emotions when you should have been cool and aloof) and that I shouldn't guilt myself into feeling bad for being real and honest.
What is making you happy?
Linking up with:
No comments:
Post a Comment