I had a fantastic weekend!
It just sucks I didn't get more pictures!
The lovely Elisa moved in Thursday night, and then we moved adorable Julie in on Friday night. Once we got everything into their apartment we all went to The Pie for Pizza and Beer. It's so yummy! The evening ended with us all curled up on the couch watching True Blood and laughing.
Saturday we all got up early and went to the Farmers Market. It isn't filled with as many lovely things as I remember from last summer, probably due to being so early in the season-but I did manage to get some amazing tomatoes from a vendor out of Southern Utah who runs a Hot House off of natural Hot Springs. They are so very tasty!
After the Farmers Market we all went to IKEA to walk about and get a few things that Julie needed for the new apt. Between the two places, I got a lot of walking in (that's why I don't feel so bad about cheating, other than I totally got sick from overdoing it.) I posted about my cheat day
HERE. After IKEA we had lunch, and then were on a mission to make it out to Taylorsville/West Valley to go to a place called Exotic Juices and Churros, because Doug and Julie really wanted a churro. Turned out the place was closed, and we were all too full-so we went home for a nap, before finally getting our treat on with an amazing Liege Waffle. The rest of the evening was spent playing games in a circle on my living room floor. I love these people.
Sunday was the icing on the cake. We all got up early and Josh made us a proper English breakfast which had Bacon, Eggs, Tomatoes, and Toast all fried in the same pan-with baked beans on the side. YUM! We were missing a few things, but it was amazing.
Then we made our way to Lagoon, because the lovely Meggy works there and got us in for $10 a piece! I spent the day walking around there, riding all the roller coasters (even when I was scared to death of them) and trying to comfort Meggy who was being a real trooper about the whole experience... She hated the roller coasters. It was an amazing day, and we took her out for Ice Cream after to celebrate her victory over fear!
How was your weekend?
Aw lovely dear! <3 sounds fun.
ReplyDeletethat pizza looks like heaven.
ReplyDeleteRoller coasters scare the crap out of me...I don't even think the right amount of alcohol would get me to go near them, haha
ReplyDeleteSounds like it was a great weekend!
Saturday was spent psyching myself up to go back to work after having 10 days off, and also attempting to set up my bedroom how I want it.
ReplyDeleteSunday before work I collected up a ton of books that I no longer want/can keep and then went into work for a few hours.
camping!! haha and i think we had one of the only corners of England that it didnt rain :)
ReplyDeleteFrom beginning to end, that was pretty much the perfect weekend. Can't believe you got in for $10 to the park. Amazing!
ReplyDeleteI had a good comment in my head. I did. I swear.
ReplyDeleteBut...now I can't remember it cuz I scrolled back up and keep seeing that pizza. I want that pizza. It looks like good pizza. Was it good pizza?
Yay! Sounds great. :D
ReplyDeleteI did nothing on the weekend. But that's normal for me. lol
ReplyDeleteGlad you all had such a great time!