6.08.2011

Hula-Hoop, Pride & My Weekend

I am loving the Month of June so far.  So much good stuff last weekend, and so much more coming! I have the Gem Faire in two weeks, and the Arts Festival the weekend after that.  Love love love! So much awesome, and the weather is warm and the summer excitement is finally here!


Last night my hula hoop showed up at my door, and I couldn't be happier with it! I love it so! It's amazing! Haley did a fantastic job on it.  You can pick your colors and order one HERE.



Saturday I got up and hurried to get myself a haircut, and I received my gorgeous hemp and tie dye guitar pick earrings from Haley at Knotty Craft Kreations.

Earrings and a haircut!

After my haircut, I rushed to the movie theatre to see X-Men First Class-which was an amazing movie! Then our friend Julie (who is moving in next door later this week) met up with us and we did some shopping, had amazing hamburgers for dinner, and introduced her to the show True Blood.  

Sunday was even better and I got a lot of walking in. We got up early and got ready, and then all of us jumped inside Cristina's car and drove to the Trax station.  We rode the train in to downtown, and then walked several blocks to where we stood and watched the Pride Parade go by.  After the parade we walked down to the festival, where we took lots of pictures, met up with good friends, ate gyros, and watched The Vision (our friend Chandra's band) live.  We then walked several blocks up to Melanie's car before heading home to nurse our sunburns, dehydration, and sore legs in a cool apartment where we watched more True Blood.  After we were rested a bit, we went over to 9th and 9th and ate yummy Thai food at the Thai Garden, then went back to the house for more relaxing.  It was an all-around good time with miles of walking to count for exercise!

Check out the pictures!

Some of the group-with some of us cut out.

Kailee sitting in the wagon, the parades wore the kiddos out!

Doing his best "typical gay" impression with our new buddy Piggy.
Cristina and me at the parade. i love this girl!

[the vision live with an interpreter]

[the hooper on stage with the vision]

[meggy and me]

[kaden]

 [kristi looking awesome for pride]

[julie chillin' out in the grass]

[courtney. her bf had thrown grass at her]

[courtney and her bf]

[gayvid and brian]

[jerremy and my roommie.  they were joking about the country shirts]

[jerremy and me in our sunglasses]

[roommie, new guy ryan, randall and julie]

[julie and meggy]

[cristina and grace]

6 comments:

  1. Well it sounds like you had a FABULOUS weekend! I love all the pictures. :) The colors of the hoop make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout outs, I'm LOVING how much you love your hoop & earrings! Those earrings are perfect for you :)

    & I am so jealous of your guys PRIDE! I've never been to the ones here, but I hear they're shitty!

    And lastly, what is Gem Faire?! Sounds fun!
    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fantastic time! Love the hoola hoop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was a great weekend filled with good people, good food and lots of sunshine!

    Love that first picture of you, you're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun times are afoot! :D
    I'm so excited about the hooping stuff....I can't wait! And I want to hear more about your amazing summer adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome pictures. looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.