3.05.2011

My Happy List




Photobucket


I am HAPPY...
For Phenylephrine Pseudoephedrine (thanks Aubrey for correcting me, this is the good stuff!).  Seriously.  I guess they have to keep this stuff behind the counter because people use it to make Meth (which we all know makes you skinny-but leaves you toothless) but goodness sakes it's amazing.  Having had the plague a serious head cold this week, and knowing my bodies history to hold onto illness, I've attacked this cold with everything I possibly could.  It was only the Walgreen's generic Sudafed that has left me able to breath again finally.

Strangely enough though, I'm having small episodes of narcolepsy on the stuff.  I guess it's past my bed time anyway (seeing as I'm writing this at 1am Saturday morning) I shouldn't be too surprised, but apparently I was falling asleep mid-sentence in on the couch, and then waking up and repeating the process.  How funny is that?  Guess I'll limit driving while I take the stuff, but MAN it feels great to breath again.

I am HAPPY...
I don't have to feel like a bad snake mom.  I was taking care of Nessie and being amused at her constant antics.  She likes to stare me down when I piss her off, and occasionally cleaning her will piss her off-then I'll get the stare of death and she'll try her best to either aggressively stare while coming closer or run away. So Matt comes up to get her and feed her, and he's trying to free her from some shed that was squeezing her too tight, and she was as mild as can be.  Just love-y dove-y with him.

That made it easer to give her to him.  She loves him more (probably because he feeds her what she wants) and so I handed over the cage, the faulty lamp, and my skittish second snake-who apparently doesn't care for me much.  Oh well, at least I don't have to feel like a negligent parent-since she loves him more.

I am HAPPY...
That Basil survived his neuter surgery.  I'll admit, I was really worried about him because he is so little-and even the Vet Tech said he was borderline too little to operate.  However after a few hours, one night spent in solitary, he was back to his happy go lucky self-and extremely happy to be back in with his sister.  I'm still giving him pain meds for about 3 more days, but the incision is healing rapidly.

I am HAPPY...
That I leave for New York in 11 days... I'm getting more and more excited.  :)

I am HAPPY...
For all the wonderful suggestions I am getting from people who have been to New York.  I had a customer of mine recommend things like "Get a cup of coffee and a danish and have your pic taken outside of Tiffany & Company like Ms. Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany movie w/ Audrey Hepburn." Which was recommended by one of my most lovely customers.  Also I got a long list of things to do and amazing places to eat sent to me from Janna at Happiness is a Journey for Janna.  She makes me happy too.

I am HAPPY...
For the opportunity to make such long and lasting friendships, even over the internet, through this blogging community.  I met the lovely Janna (and a few other of my fabulous readers/blogs I read) by participating in Mamarazzi's Swap, and ever since we've been growing to be even greater friends.  I wouldn't have such a lovely little world if it weren't for you people! Thank you all for making it brilliant!

What are you happy for?

You could win a T-Shirt of your choice, go check out my giveaway while you're here-there's only 13 entries so far, so you have a HIGH chance! :) Go ENTER! It ends Sunday night!

5 comments:

  1. Pseudoephedrine is the behind the counter stuff. It's what Sudafed used to be make out of but then the meth heads made it impossible for those of us who aren't idiots to remain decongested. Phenylephrine is what sudafed is made of now and it's totally useless. I worked in Pharmacy when the turnover happened and it was a huge pain in the butt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Sudafed knocks my butt out, too.

    I was told, when I went to NY, to have a true Jewish deli NY bagel. And a slice of NY pizza.

    I will also say: You MUST see Central Park (and take pictures), try going to the MET (or, ya know, any of the other billion art/culture/museum things they have there). How many days will you guys have there? I hope the weather isn't too cold and snowy. Eeee! I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whaddaya live in Oregon? We can't get pseudophedrine here anymore because of the dang meth addicts! BOOOOO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sudafed. Da bomb. Glad your little man came through his surgery ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A break from cold symptoms and a successful neuter - those are two huge reliefs, and a happily ever after for the snake doesn't hurt either.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.