I know you've all been waiting to hear about the job situation, and most of you know it from my letters, but I FINALLY got another job! I'd been working at one, doing inbound customer service for a cell phone company, and I didn't like working there. The pay was low, the hours were non-negotiable, and the training was nearly insufferable. I try not to complain much, but I was miserable!
The job I was at before that had laid me off due to Tax Season ending, but they were going to be hiring some of us back come May when the new fiscal year started; this time as full-time employees instead of seasonal. There were four of us who were Tier twos and on our second season with the company, and the main manager in support had told me that they would be considered first because of their experience and time with the company. The first three positions opened up, my resume was submitted, and I intereviewed. Didn't land it. In fact, they'd hired one of the tier twos (Joe-he really deserved it) and two random level ones that had only been their for one season. I was upset about it, but they said three more would be opening up soon.
In the meantime, I kept applying elsewhere. Come to find out, my old managers at the company I had worked for before the previous one (listed above) had been fired. The entire reason I left that company was because they were outsourcing to India, and now they're hiring a few people here. I was contacted my my old manager basically saying "Those guys were fired, want a job?" So I applied, and I interviewed, and everything seemed like it was going to happen. Everyone said that I had the job, and the recruiting lady called and hired me and told me when I was starting. That same day, she called and told me to hold on because they had to make some changes, and then the next day she called and told me she was sorry but I didn't have the job.
I found out that a manager in a different department of that company had spoken out against hiring me because of ONE customer complaint, ONE time, YEARS ago; so they had listened to him and decided not to hire me. However I had a few previous coworkers/managers go to the new management and say "WE WANT HER." However, I decided to just go on with my life.
Well, they called and hired me again, apparently everyone wanting me so bad was finally taken into account, and I start Monday!
Also, the previous job with the three openings? They called and told me to resubmit my resume, and I did. However yesterday they called and said "I'm sorry, you came really close, but you didn't quite make the cut." So despite the feeling of betrayal, I simply said "It's ok, I have a BETTER job. They're paying me more."
I hate to say it, but I'm much better off. There were so many feelings of anger towards that company for not hiring me even though I was a top candidate with good ratings and attendance. It's really an old boys club there, and most of the employees know it. Also, I don't know how they can condone promoting a pothead (who does come to work high A LOT) who is sleeping with multiple women in the office, but not hiring a good employee because she's a girl and not a Mormon.
Anyway, I'm moving on to bigger and better things. Higher pay, and a company where I can actually go somewhere and make something of myself. It's temp to hire, but I have no doubt I will show them how awesome I am, and they'll want to bring me on full time!
Wish me luck!

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck and congrats! I hope you love the new job!
ReplyDeletewow way to make the best of a limbo back and fourth situaiton. and you and your roommate should totally have a cheese soiree!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Good luck!!
ReplyDeleteI have no doubt that you will be full-time very soon. So glad that the better job situation prevailed. Onward and upward!
ReplyDeleteGreat news!! Congratulations! Hope all goes well!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! You deserve all the best success in life!
ReplyDeleteWoo-Hoo! So happy!
ReplyDeleteI FULLY understand your situation there. Been there, done that so many times it's not even funny.
Keep looking forward, keep aiming higher, and don't feed into the gossip and drama.
I'm rooting for you!
That is wonderful news! :-D You deserved it. Congratulations and wishing you great success in your most anticipated job profile. :-) Have fun and I am sure you will be the best.
ReplyDelete