6.14.2010

Lost Blogs, and Backups!

I have heard of SO many people losing their blogs lately, and it made me nervous. 

So, I backed up my blog, and I'm going to share how with you!

You know, because I love your face, and I don't want you to lose one single post!

If you have Blogger; you can back up your blog by going into your "Settings" under the "Basic" tab, and clicking on "Export Blog."


Then, just click through the steps as prompted and save it to somewhere on your hard drive.  I recommend someplace safe that you'll be able to find just in case Blogger (or something else) loses your data.  That way you can just import your information and have it all back! 



Also, since we all know that hard drives can fail (my 1TB external is now clicking-ARGH!) I recommend backing it up to an online backup solution or saving it somewhere else as well.  Personally, I backed mine up to Mozy, which is awesome.  You can get Unlimited backup for only $4.95 a month (This post is outdated, the pricing plans have changed), or you can get 2GB free

I've used it for years, and I love it.

Good luck everyone, I hope your data is safe! :)

8 comments:

  1. Wow..thanks for the tip! I will do that asap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh....Good to know, thanks for the tip! But why are ppl loosing their blogs, lol, I've never heard about this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I back up mine every once in a while. I also kinda use my old/mom's computer to keep double copies of stuff just in case something happens to my computer, I know she'll have it on hers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I haven't heard about people losing their blogs and never even thought about backing mine up. Now you have me thinking about it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had like 4 people I know lose their blogs completely. It's no good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT!! Didn't even know you could lose your blog. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.