It looks like my last Currently post was in May-so I think it's time for a little update here!
Reading: Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon on my iPad, but I've been obsessed with Audio Books lately for when I'm in the car, working, or cleaning.
Watching: Gilmore Girls. I've seriously binge-watched that entire series for the last month. How did I never know what I was missing? That stupid show made me cry more than once.
Writing: This blog. There have been papers, lots of papers, but otherwise everything else is on the back burner.
Listening: Audio Books pretty much exclusively. I just finished the entire Goddess Test Series and The Hangman's Daughter via Audible (reviews coming soon), and I think the next one I'll start is The Dark Monk.
Eating: Too many bad things. I need to seriously get my diet back on track.
Drinking: Water and a LOT of coffee. I found this local coffee called Highland Grogg and it's amazing. I'm also liking Trader Joes' Wintery Blend coffee.
Wearing: Jeans, fun t-shirts, and sweaters and scarves.
Working on: Christmas gifts! Seriously, Kristina and I had a great idea and put it into play. I can't wait to share it with you all after-so it's not spoiled.
Waiting for: Work to be over. Josh is in town from Canada and will be at my house tonight and I'm DYING to see him. I got the guest room all set up, went grocery shopping, and I've missed my best friend so much!
Loving: These Christmas gift ideas, Josh being in town, audio books, and spending time with friends.
Needing: To go back to the gym. I've slacked bad and I'm starting to feel it.
Thinking: That I've just gotten used to living alone, and now Josh will be here for a month and I'll have to get used to it all over again. I'm not complaining, I'd take him being here for however long or short he will be-I miss him so much. I'm wondering if it's going to make me really sad again when he leaves, or if I'll adjust faster since I've already done it once.
Feeling: Oh feelings... This has been a weird one for me lately. I'm feeling that pull to start dating again. I hate dating. I want to just be with someone who's comfortable already-but I know I have to go through the dating process to ever find that. I keep feeling like I want to reconnect with guys from my past, but I keep shaking that off. I need to move forward, not backward. But man-the feelings. I've been kind of emotional, and maybe a little lonely. But that's the holidays! In other feelings, I've been feeling a lot of compassion for people I tried to hate. I never can hate anyone, but I have to watch my damned bleeding heart to make sure I don't fall back into anything. Again, forwards, not backwards.
Hoping: That I do better in school next semester. This semester was probably the worst I've done since I went back to school. Not failing, but passing with Bs and Cs, and I don't like it.
Dreaming: Of a reality where no one leaves, and you don't have to date in order to find love. No, I'm not being stupid about it-but man wouldn't it be nice if things were easier on the heart?
Being Inspired By: Amazing creative writers. I really need to follow that dream.



I've been binge watching Gilmore Girls too. Every evening after school My girls and I lay under the electric blanket and watch it until time for bed. We laugh that we are watching our life.
ReplyDeleteIt's such a great show!
ReplyDeleteI love your Currently posts...they are something that I'm hoping to do in 2015. Enjoy our time with Josh!
ReplyDeleteOohh I've been toying with the idea of getting audible! There are times when I want to read a book but it's physically impossible...like in the shower and cooking etc.
ReplyDeleteI also should be working out but am using the awful weather as an excuse to have some extra fat reserves ;) haha!
xo
I love posts like this one….and it's so nice to get caught-up with you. YAY for Josh! I know you have missed him so much, and I hope y'all have a blast during Christmas.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on completing a semester! YAY!!!!! :)
I love The Gilmore Girls….LOVE that show! Shanley Belle binge watches that and How I Met Your Mother. She took her last exam last night, and she will be home for Christmas today!!!
xo,
RJ
Ugh. Dating. I definitely don't miss that.
ReplyDeleteHaven't been on a date in over 30 years
ReplyDeleteI'm reading Dragonfly in Amber now too! I'm so confused right now but enjoying Claire and Jamie's adventures in France.
ReplyDelete