3.11.2013

Make Me Believe {Musical Mondays}

What is Musical Mondays? 
Musical Mondays is a weekly linky party where we share a song we're into for the week, and talk about why we like it-or why it effects us.  Anyone who links up a song and a post about that song is entered to win a big music giveaway at the end of 2012.

This week's song:

Make Me Believe
by Martina McBride



Tell me you love me and make me feel it
Convince me that your heart is true
Don't say you need me if you really don't mean it
'Cause boy I ain't nobody's fool, yeah

[Chorus]
Baby I'm trying to find a place inside your heart
Oh but it's hard to start a fire without a spark
If you wanna be the man that rocks me to my knees
Then baby just make me believe
('Cause I'm still waiting...)

Every night I bring you all my broken pieces
But you just put them on your shelf
Tell me why you put this wall between us
And keep your reasons to yourself, ahh

[Chorus]

You say you feel the same but my heart is full of doubt
You say you'll find the time so we can work it out
(But I'm still waiting...)

[Chorus x2]

Baby just make me believe...
Whoa baby just make me believe...

***
I hadn't heard this song in at least 10 years when it came up on the shuffle feature of my iPhone the other day-but I could still belt out the words just like I used to.  It's hard to believe this song is from 1999, but I remember connecting with it years ago just as I connect with it now.  Funny how you can go so many years and still not have all this relationship stuff completely worked out! Yeesh! haha.  

***

Musical Mondays with My So-Called Chaos

What are you listening to this week?
**Please!  If you are linking up put the button in your post!**





Monday's Music Moves MeMusic Monday with Run DMTMusic Monday with Loving Life

4 comments:

  1. I can't remember most things most days, but I always remember song lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song, and WOW~ can't believe it's been out that long! I adore Martina McBride. Thanks for hosting!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. This song makes me think a little bit of "Five Minutes" by Lorrie Morgan...except that one was more of "show me you still love me, or I'm gone" kind of message.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.