That just when I had decided to give up on the new position at work because I hadn't been contacted and rumor had it I wasn't getting it-the manager of that department set up an interview for this morning at 10:00AM!
I think I did very well in my interview. He was nice, we got along, agreed on schools, and overall if it weren't for a few small things I'd say I had nailed it... Those small things include the fact that I have no degree in the field yet (even though I'm planning on getting one) and two of the other candidates have degrees. One has a Masters degree and one has a Bachelors. The upside? He didn't really like either of those people! So he gave my coworker (who is also applying for the position) and I another chance to redo our writing test.
| We♥It |
I Confess...
I'm really excited I'm getting a chance to edit my work and try this again. Not only because I thrive on challenge, but because the notes the more experienced tech writer left me on my previous work are awesome tips that can help with my writing skills in personal life too! Apparently I overuse commas-which is quite possible. I've been out of English class way too long...
| We♥It |
If I do not get the position I wont be too heartbroken. I'm thrilled at the opportunity to try out for it and that I'm even being considered for it, but I do enjoy my current job and will be ok continuing where I am. Plus, in the future I can apply again if another position comes up, and by that time I may be even more qualified and experienced.
I Confess...
David and Hiro set out on their journey this morning to move to Seattle. I'm sure going to miss those guys, but I do know they'll be so much happier!
![]() |
| David and I yesterday, our last lunch together. |
I Confess...
When I babysat Hiro the other night, I wasn't sure if it would cure this puppy-hungry feeling I have, or if it would make it worse; it did neither. What it did do is reaffirm for me that I really do want a dog, and I'll make it work once I have a place of my own.
| How can I not miss this face? |

Send good wishes your way regarding the job and I love the nails (and that you go to gay bingo!)
ReplyDeleteYay for someone seeing potential in your without looking at a degree on file. Isn't that frustrating sometimes. When I was in the workforce it was Bachelor this & that & I'm like doesn't on the job experience account for anything? I have an Associates degree but that doesn't count for much either. I'm sure it will be 10x worse when I go back into the workforce after being gone for so long raising my kids. LOL.
ReplyDeleteTMNT nails rocketh!! i hope you get the job but if you don't then yea the experience interviewing is going to be totally worthwhile.
ReplyDeletethanks for linking up your confessions, i hope your weekend is fabulous!!
I know the whole theme song to TMNT. My brother was slightly obsessed with them. Gay bingo sounds like fun! I hope you won big money.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend~
That's awesome that you got the opportunity to interview for that position. At the very least, now you know what to expect for next time (unless of course, you get hired!).
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the interview process. :D Please keep us posted. I love the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle nails. I showed them to Shanley and she wants to try it!
ReplyDeletexo,
Ricki Jill
It's such a positive thing to your bosses that you are not just good where you are, but working/interviewing for a better position. Bosses love ambition. :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to meet David and Hiro (or at least pass along recommendations for Seattle things). Have a great time at Bingo, and I want to see pics of those fab superhero nails of yours! :D
I overuse commas, and I'm an English major... So don't feel bad! :) And you should definitely paint Splinter on your thumb, although that sounds like it'd be hard to do... If it's too hard, maybe you could paint April! The turtles are so cute though! I love that idea!
ReplyDeleteHope everything does well with the potential job! :)
A similar thing actually happened to me recently- a company that I've been talking to since last June and I had finally given up on just called me and I'm going in for an interview on Friday- so weird how that just happened to both of us! Glad your interview went well and that you get a second chance at the writing test- I really hope everything works out the way that it's supposed to.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I loooove the ninja turtle nails!