I've decided to join the 2011 review extravaganza. I think it's a great way to recap the entire year without having to create one giant post covering it all, and I get to follow the awesome hosts and see how everyone else's year went. Each week of the extravaganza we get to link up 3 months of the year.
January
- My Musical Mondays for January included: David Duchovney by Bree Sharp, Shadow of the Day by Linkin Park, Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri, and Perfect by P!nk.
- I was celibate and still on a break from the dating world.
- I pierced my nose. It hurt, and took over 8 months to heal and look normal. But I love it now!
- My friend Megan's mother died which caused shock and complete heartbreak for her and her family. I attended the wake in support and learned what an amazing woman she was.
- I was featured as the Queen of the Day over at Dandelion Wishes.
- I attempted the six week challenge which I failed to complete. :(
- I wrote a great inspirational post on 20 Ideas to Make 2011 (and every year) Great!
February
- Musical Mondays for February included: Little Lion Man by Mumford and Sons, Bleed it Out by Linkin Park, F*ck You by Cee Lo Green, and The Catalyst by Linkin Park.
- I adopted two adorable baby rats (saved them from being snake food!)

- I gave one of my Snakes to Matt and just kept the other.
- I bought myself Valentine's Flowers since I was still single and celibate.
- I finally got contacts.
- I got to make handmade Valentine's Day Cards with the honorary kiddos!
- I participated in Mamarazzi's pink swap and met the Awesome Haley who I adore and secretly think is a long lost soul mate!
- Work released a new pricing structure which caused me to work a 12 hour day and help over 150 customers +. I received a gift card and recognition for being awesome about it.
- I hosted a killer awesome Chinese New Year party where I made yummy Chinese food for and had a great time partying it up with my framily.
- I reconnected with an old friend I haven't seen since Jr. High School, and she's just as cool as ever and I love her to death!
March
- Musical Mondays for March included: Ready to Love Again by Lady Antebellum, Empire State of Mind by Jay Z, and Self Esteem by Garfunkle and Oats.
- I recapped my funniest Twitter posts.
- I went to New York City!
- I opened my Etsy shop and started filling it with goodies!
- I participated in the Spring Swap from Janna and got to know sweet Amberly.
- I fell in love with this amazing video:
Join up and share how your year has been!




great review and great song choices as well
ReplyDeleteYea! Love your recap. Clicked on a few of the links and excited to go read them. I have never been to NYC- defintiely wan to go someday.
ReplyDelete8 months for your nose to be normal! Ouch that does not sound fun- either do the 12 hour days!
Thanks again for recapping with us, I have your point recoreded :)
Wahooo! I've loved your year this much, as much as my own- dynamic, adventurous, successful.....yay! :D
ReplyDeleteAwww I feel so lucky to be a part of your year! See you soon :)
ReplyDeleteThat video is amazing!!! I love it! You're getting me excited for my trip to New York that I'm taking in April (a little ways away, but I can be excited, right?!) :)
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your recap!
ReplyDeleteI LOVED your 20 ideas to make 2011 great! I think more napping, reading, and drama-free would definitely add up to a great year.
And how fun you went to New York. I would love to visit someday. :)
You have a pet snake? Yikes! I'm scared of snakes, and mice and rats too.
ReplyDeleteWould LOVE to visit NYC!
Great pictures...thanks for linking up with us!
I have tossed around the idea of piercing my nose but now after reading that, I won't be doing it. Thanks for helping me with that dilemma. =)
ReplyDeleteYour baby rats are so sweet looking! Do you play with them? I'm an animal lover but I can do without snakes. I'm not a big fan of them.
You look so cute in your pics. I would LOVE to go to NYC someday just to say I've been there.
Thanks for linking up with us girly!