10.19.2011

It Has Been Said

"I quote others in order to better express myself."
-Michele de Montaigne 

I am completely and utterly addicted to quotes.  Literature quotes, quoting my friends, quoting song  lyrics, etc. This is especially true when it comes to strong emotions or difficult situations I may be encountering, as it is sometimes much easier to use someone else's relating words to describe what I'm feeling, rather than have to pour my heart out onto the page or say something I may regret sharing later.  

"By necessity, by proclivity, and by delight, we all quote. In fact, it is as difficult to appropriate the thoughts of others as it is to invent." 
- Ralph Waldo Emmerson

I know that not all situations are the same, but I have a feeling that no feeling is ever unique.  Someone out there has already felt what you're feeling, whether it be the same or just similar; and poets and writers alike have written things that represent those feelings far more eloquently than I can.  So I borrow their words and use them to portray how I'm feeling in that point of time.  

So it's no wonder I find a lot of time on Pinterest is spent pinning quotes I love and want to surround myself with.  Here are a few I've fallen in love with recently and relate to at the moment.

Source: vi.sualize.us via Angela on Pinterest



I am MADLY and completely in love with this quote.
I want a love like that.  A love that lights up the whole sky.

Source: bitsofwisdom.org via Angela on Pinterest


Amen! I'm only surrounding myself with people I love.
People who love me back.
And people who enrich my world.

Very true.
It's the daily things that end up mattering more in the end.
The little words love of love and encouragement.
The simple things like a hug or handshake.

Source: iobad.com via Angela on Pinterest



If it's worth it, you'll fight for it.
Don't let something that matters drift away in apathy.


Source: fairytalesaretrue.com via Angela on Pinterest



All I can do is be myself.
Take me for what I am.


Source: None via Angela on Pinterest



I have always loved this quote by Bob Marley.



An oldie, but goodie.



I have so much love, for so many.
Sometimes it still doesn't make sense.
But sometimes, nothing but that love makes sense.



It's always darkest before the storm-right?
Hey look-that's another quote from somewhere lol

Source: lh3.ggpht.com via Angela on Pinterest



Not Mormon, but I think this quote applies to more than religion.
It applies to life in general.
Never settle for less than you deserve.



Isn't that the truth.


Source: None via Angela on Pinterest


Someday...

And lastly:

Source: google.com via Angela on Pinterest


So focus on the things in your life that matter.
Devote attention to them.
And they will be the brightest shiniest parts.

I love you all! 


8 comments:

  1. I'm a quote junkie too - it's kind of funny to think that someone before you thought the same thing at one point but was able to put it into nicer wording, haha

    These are some great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love quotes too, i like your litlle collection here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, girl I love quotes too! All of these are so encouraging. A lot of them I need to read. A great quote can give me a great confidence boost, like the Bob Marley quote, just perfect.

    Oh and you know I love me a great movie quote, lord they're all over my blog lol. And sometimes in a convo I'll say a movie quote & people will laugh thinking I'm the clever one with witty remarks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some really great words of wisdom.

    I know I'm definitely guilty of sacrificing what I want most for what I want now. I need to stop that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In high school I was a collector of quotes. Sometimes other people say things so much better than I can.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.