9.12.2011

You Can't Keep Letting It Get You Down


No you can't keep lettin' it get you down,
And you can't keep draggin' that dead weight around.
If there ain't all that much to lug around
Better run like hell when you hit the ground.

When the morning comes.

When the morning comes.

You can't stop these kids from dancin'

Why would you want to?
Especially when you're already gettin' good.
'Cause your mind don't move and your knees don't bend,
But don't go blamin' kids again.

 I was introduced to this song this weekend by a friend of the roommate's and thought it was so catchy and the video is fantastic.  OK Go is more famous for their videos than their music I think, and you can see why-each is so gloriously choreographed and creative.  From their first video for Here It Goes Again where they danced on treadmills, to this, to White Knuckles which is filled with puppies and IKEA furniture, to many more.  They're incredibly creative.

This message is also something I think most of us need to remember more often.  You can't keep letting it get you down.  You just can't.  There are things in this world you have no control over, and the one thing you do control is how they affect you.  So you can't keep letting it get you down.  You need to pick yourself back up and dust yourself off-and be happy.  That's all you can shoot for, and that's all you have control over.





What song are you loving this week?
Link Up!

(I'm going to go back to giving a prize to one of the people who link up.  So create a post about what song you're jamming out to this week, add the button and link up-and you'll be entered to win a monthly prize! Tell your friends and get an extra entry when they say you mentioned them!)

4 comments:

  1. I liked it. A Lot! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love Ok GO. Have you seen their remake of the Muppet Show theme? It's quirky, and the video references most of their past music videos. Heeheee....great choice! :D

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.