I have been slacking so much on my eating healthy goals and my exercise. I don't know where I lost the motivation, but it better be coming back on now.
I Confess...
I had this weird moment where I looked in the mirror last night and thought "I look so lovely and natural." I don't feel that way often, but my makeup had worn off, my hair was soft and curly, and I was digging it.
I Confess...
But then I looked at my body and felt mortified. I promptly ran in the living room and hula hooped for 20 minutes. I'm instituting mandatory hula hooping every day again-I need it!
I Confess...
Hooping makes the heart lighter. It was just the pick-me-up I needed after this week.
I Confess...
I'm a little sad about it not working out with the guy I was seeing. He was so nice, handsome, honest, and chivalrous. He got the doors, he paid, he got my sense of humor and had a great one of his own-it seemed a little too good to be true. Which I guess it was, because go figure a great guy comes along and three dates with me remind him that he's still in love with his ex.
I Confess...
I'm not mad at him at all. He was honest, that's good. I told him once I get over the rejection-ish part of it we can be friends. We're supposed to have friend coffee next week.
I Confess...
I am proud of myself for breaking the cycle though. My first instinct was to say "Well let's keep dating and see if that changes." But deep down I knew that meant I would just be putting myself back in that place where I'm hanging on to someone who doesn't want me back. I wont do that again. I'm above that.
I Confess..
Now I'm a bit nervous to try again... I think I must, but still... It's rough out there.
Don't forget to enter to win 250 flyers/invites/save the dates/etc!
It is rough out there, hon. But guess what? You already did the hardest part: you went on a date again!! Now all that's left is kissing a few frogs til you find your prince. I am so proud of you for saying that you are better than holding on to someone who doesn't want to hold on to you. This is a big step in the right direction! Keep loving yourself and that will bring love to you. You're the best, hon!
ReplyDeleteomg girl we are two peas in a pod...i have a feeling the guy i am seeing doesn't like me as much as i am starting to like him.
ReplyDeletei'm definitely not trying to rush it but it's so hard sometimes.
ugh dating! lol.
In fishing, as in dating, the first catch is rarely the best of the day. Good for you for breaking the cycle and staying empowered, and I know that you're life will go on being happy and productive and joyous whether or not a better dating match comes along tomorrow, or in ten years.
ReplyDeleteAlso...yay for the hooping!
I like that confession about looking natural and beautiful - I have rare moments like that...and when I do, I say to my self, "I AM pretty." People are always telling myself I need better self-confidence. I guess it's good start to begin by saying it to the mirror!
ReplyDeleteI've been hula hooping on my Wii...I'm not very good at it, but I'm hoping it helps!! Have a great weekend :)
Finding motivation is the hardest part for me right now.
ReplyDeleteYou definitely have to try again. ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear though, that you guys are going to try the friend thing...don't go into it expecting more at some point, but you never know!!
Motivation...yeaaaa...when you find some, can you send some my way???
Happy weekend love!
I've been slacking this week, too. Finally made it to Zumba this morning and it felt good.
ReplyDeleteSo…if I were to say, have lunch one afternoon…and you were to do the same at around the same time…where would you go? :)
dating is hard. boys are dumb. hula hooping sounds like fun!
ReplyDeletedid that rhyme? meh, kinda huh?
thanks for linking up dollface.
It's a new month. Draw a line in the sand and start making your changes. And boys are so darn hard!
ReplyDeleteYou're find a keeper soon.
Have a fabulous weekend!
Good for you for holding out for the right one for you. Every gal deserves that!
ReplyDeleteI've been majorly slacking on the Weight Watchers and exercise?? What's that?? LOL I've heard hula hooping is a great way to get in shape. Maybe I should give it a try!
ReplyDeletei'm sorry it didn't work out with the guy.
ReplyDelete