8.18.2009

What's So Great About Picket Fences?

Little boys and little girls dream of big big things
They're taught at a tender age just what life should bring
Get a job, say "I do" and settle yourself down
But what about those of us who's lives are still spinnin' around?

Tell me, what's so great about picket fences?
Painting them is such a mess...
And a big back yard where kids can play?
I'd probably never get a moments rest...

And setting the table for five at five?
Only means more dishes to load...
What's so great about picket fences?
I guess I'll never know...

Here I am, in my prime, at least they tell me so
And if I go to sleep at night I always go alone
I guess that I could have it all and someone by my side
But I can't take the give and take, the price is just too high

Tell me, what's so great about picket fences?
Painting them is such a mess...
And a big back yard where kids can play?

I'd probably never get a moments rest...
And setting the table for five at five?
Only means more dishes to load...
What's so great about picket fences?
I guess I'll never know...

Tell me, what's so great about picket fences?
I guess I'll never know...
-Picket Fences by Chely Wright

I'm just not sure what to do anymore. I know that I said that I would focus on myself and just work on me, and I have been, but still... It's the nights that are hardest, when the activities of the day have finally come to a close and I'm lying there trying to quiet the spinning in my head;
these are the times when I miss him most. There's the occasional song that reminds me of him, or a sad one that brings out the buried aching in my heart. At these times it's nearly impossible to think of the progress I am making in my life, because all I can focus on is the complete failure in my love life and the fact that I want someone who's not there.

My friends keep telling me to let go, and to move on. They think I'll always be waiting if I stay here and wait. It's not that they don't like him, they respect him and think he's a good guy, they
just don't think he'll be coming around and they're tired of seeing me let-down. He is a good guy, and everything about him that makes me think he's completely perfect for me and wants all the same things as me, keep me here. It keeps me from moving on, even though he said he could not ask me to wait, yet I choose to wait. I choose the hurt and the constant insecurity. I choose the let-down every time he doesn't call, or message me, or possibly even think about me... This is me, keeping myself here in this rut, not ready to move on because part of me is still holding on to that very small hope that things will work out.

But what do I do? I don't want to let go or give up on us, but I don't want to be waiting the rest of my life for something that may never come... I just don't know what is right here.

5 comments:

  1. sounds like youre on a treadmill....thats broken...where are you going on that???? nowhere....even in your upbeat moments you dont sound like its really what youre after.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I feel lost, I always default to Tarot readings. Would you like one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, that might not be a bad idea. I read for myself but find that it doesn't work when I'm emotional like I am, an unbiased opinion would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that I'm not drunk or hung over . . . (sorry for the delay)

    Loves Me Loves Me Not Daisy Spread

    ..6..3..7
    4....1.....5
    ..8..2..9

    1. What you need to know about how you see this relationship.

    2. The strongest aspect or foundation of this relationship.

    3. What you hope for in this relationship.

    4. What happened in the past that is affecting this relationship.

    5. What you can expect from this relationship.

    6. Your favorite thing about this relationship.

    7. What you can do to make your favorite thing even better.

    8. Your least favorite thing about this relationship.

    9. What you can do to improve your least favorite thing.


    1. The Chariot - This relationship is currently pulling you in two seperate directions. On one hand you want the steady companionship that it offers, and yet on the other you know that it will take a lot of effort to make it work. Like how a chariot is pulled forward by two horses moving in the same direction, you and your partner need to work together to pull your relationship forward.

    2. 7 of Wands - The foundation of this relationship seems to be conflict and aggression. Perhaps you have different opinions or lifestyles, and while you may enjoy it for the time being, the differences are taking their toll and wearing you down.

    3. Knave of Pentacles - You hope for simplicity, success, and an abundance of love. You dream of a stable life with the one you love.

    4. The Emperor - Perhaps an unresolved conflict or issue with a male figure in your past is affecting you in this relationship. Unconcious fears are holding you back or manifesting themselves through your thoughts and actions.

    5. 5 of Cups - This relationship is causing you heartache and dispair. You know that it's over, and yet you don't want to let go.

    6. King of Wands - The relationship made you feel creative and energetic, and perhaps offered you recognition that you longed for.

    7. Knight of Wands - Continue to hold onto your creativity and passion. Go on an adventure! Do something you've never done before.

    8. Queen of Wands - Perhaps the relationship didn't make you feel beautiful, and it failed to give you a sense of confidence and self-love.

    9. Knight of Swords - Be direct and demand the respect and love that you deserve. Don't be afraid to give it to yourself, because you are strong and you deserve it.


    I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh cool, I have a blogger account. For some reason it won't let me comment under my LiveJournal ID.

    -CarolDreamer

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.