8.25.2009
Caught in the Current.
It's been a little while since I posted, but everything has been so muddled in my head that I've had a hard time forming it into anything coherent or worthy of reading. Life just seems so turbulent right now, like I'm sinking into the rapids and can't seem to make my way into calm waters, let-alone the shore. There's a point when your body becomes too exhausted to fight anymore, and you just give up and let the water take you under, not caring whether you come up. I am almost at that point. However, that small part of me that keeps on refusing to give up reminds me that it's like a riptide. Riptides are very strong currents in the ocean, and swimmers are taught that if they happen to become caught in one, they are simply to ride it out and once it's done swim back to shore. So that's what I'm doing; I am waiting for the vast waters to stop sucking me further out, and then I will make my way back to shore. What more is there to do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i've been feeling very similar recently...love the way you used rip-tides to explain how you feel, it makes perfect sense.=]
ReplyDeleteIm sorry youre having a rough time.....if the sea is your burden ...make sea salt....you will make it.... Peace!
ReplyDelete