4.07.2009

The Sweet Scent of Spring

When I awoke this morning, the first thing that came to my attention was the sweet scent of spring wafting in through the open window. It smelled of sunshine and grass, and the rich intoxicating smell of the seasons changing and life beginning anew. As I began to wake a bit more, I could hear the birds singing outside and feel the warmth of the sun beating down on the house. What a beautiful way to wake up and start the day with a smile!

This morning my roommates and I cut into the homemade poppy-seed bread that [womanizer] brought me Sunday, and warmed it with a little butter on top for breakfast. I have to admit, the boy can cook! It was so yummy, and incredibly sweet of him to make for me, and I am awed by the trouble he went to.

Today at work, in between phone calls, I'm going to get my taxes done and finish editing Max's story. It will be a nice pick-up to get the tax refund back, as the money thing this month is making me nervous. I haven't heard yet whether my job is going to keep me after the 15th, or if I need to start looking for a new position elsewhere, it really isn't fun being stuck in this work limbo when it comes to your financial security.

On another note, 3 more days to Vegas! We're going to be leaving Thursday night after I get off work and driving through the night to we can be there in the morning. We may stop in Mesquite and get a cheap hotel room and then head on into Vegas Friday morning. So far, it's set for Josh, Max and myself. Melanie and her boyfriend are talking about coming down, but they don't know about their finances yet. The way I see it, I'm happy either way, because each scenario has me spending the weekend in Vegas with people I love, and both situations include my two favorite guys!

Mile-high margaritas, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.