5.13.2015

T-Swift's 1989 Inspired Ask Me Anything

T-Swift's 1989 Inspired Ask Me Anything

You know, I used to consider Taylor Swift my guilty pleasure, I mean I only kind of liked teenager Taylor with her cheesy songs, but then Red came out and I was hooked-but there's kind of a stigma about being a T-Swift fan.  However, then I stumbled upon Kati's post I Don't Believe in Guilty Pleasures and you know what?  I'm going to just be a proud fan now.  I shouldn't have to justify what I like.  1989 was another awesome album from Taylor Swift, and this quiz is fun.

So I saw Beth do this post, and then I was directed to Kenzie's post (how did I miss it in March?) and now I want to do it.

01. Welcome to New York.  If you could live in any city, which would it be and why?
If we're choosing from cities I've visited, I'd probably choose Seattle.  I also love San Francisco, but Seattle is more affordable and I have a lot of friends there so I wouldn't be lonely.  Plus I'm a PNWer at heart.

02. Blank Space. What is something that everyone things is true about you, but actually is not?
I think probably that I'm someone who's horrible to date.  I mean what else must they think of me when I can't maintain a relationship?  I'm really not high-maintenance, so it's kind of funny.  I just choose the wrong guys.

03. Style. What is one item in your closet that makes you feel unstoppable?
Hmmm... It's hard to say, but I have a few really great dresses that make my figure look good and show off my rockin' awesome cleavage.  Usually those things make me feel unstoppable and sexy-a good dress goes a long way.

04. Out of the Woods. What is one thing you're afraid of.
Not being memorable.  I don't want to be someone that's easily forgotten.  I'd like to think I leave a mark on people and that they think of me often, even when we're not a part of each others lives anymore.  Maybe we all like to think that of exes and such.


05. All You Had to Do Was Stay.  Who is someone you wish was still in your life? 
Oh what a question to ask me.  I've been feeling so incredibly nostalgic lately, especially when it comes to lovers.  I wish a lot of my friends from my old job at Sparetime were still around.. I miss all of them so much.  There's also a few guys from that time in my life I wish I could catch up with and see how they're doing.  Not necessarily rekindle anything, but just see how they are.

For example, there was this guy I was seeing for a while when I was twenty.  He was in his late thirties and the situation was not ideal (lets just say he wasn't supposed to be available and leave it at that) but he was always such a nice guy.  Sometimes I'd like to just see how he is.  The other night I was so nostalgic about it, I actually stayed up way too late trying to find information about him-but I don't remember his last name.  Bummer.

06. Shake it Off.  What is something you had to shake off? 
My tendency to be a doormat.  I used to let people walk all over me-not anymore.  I know sometimes I can come off as quite the B for that, but it just has to be that way.  I'll always be a giver, but in order to not give too much to people who don't deserve it, I have to set very firm boundaries.

07. I Wish You Would. What is something you would like to happen right now? 
Oh man, I'd really like to find a house to buy and have it actually go smoothly.  I'm starting to really dislike this whole house hunting process.  I really want to move, and I want to own a place and just be done with it!

08. Bad Blood.  Have you ever had someone stab you in the back? 
Oh yes, but who hasn't?  Like Beth said in her post, it's a natural part of growing up and moving on.


09. Wildest Dreams. What would you like to be remembered for? 
Like I said before, I really hope people think of me with some sort of fondness.  I hope guys from my past remember me as someone that could have been something real, or someone who was at least a good part of their life at one point.

10. How You Get the Girl. What's your favorite pick up line? 
Oh man... Pick up lines are so cheesy and none have ever really worked on me, but I haven't met a lot of people in real life that way anywho and online pick up lines are the worst.   I'm generally won over by a sincere compliment or just a "hey let's get to know each other."

11. This Love.  What is one thing you got back that you never thought you would?
I'm honestly not sure.  Maybe some friendships where we've fallen apart and come back together-those have been wonderful and I'm so glad for it.  After MelanieGrace and I lived together I didn't think ours would ever be repaired, but now I know that even though she's on the other side of the country, we'll always be in each other's hearts.

12. I Know Places.  Where is one place you always feel safe? 
Honestly, I can't really think of a specific place I feel safe in, but rather the company.  I feel safe when I'm with certain good friends-those friends you know will always look out for you no matter what?  They make me feel safe.


13. Clean. What's an important lesson you have learned in life, and how did you learn it?
That I don't need a man to be happy or to do the other things I want to do in life.  I think society teaches us to grow up and find someone who "makes us whole" and I spent a lot of my life waiting for that person to come along.  But you know what?  I'm whole on my own.  Finding that person would be icing on the cake-but you know what?  I don't need that to feel complete.  I can be happy with myself and I can go after the things I want without relying on someone.

How did I learn that?  A lot of failures.  A lot of being single and having broken hearts, and the eventual growing tired of waiting around for some kind of fantasy.  Realizing that it's a fantasy made all of the difference, and it will hopefully help me recognize something real when it happens.











41 comments:

  1. I love that first picture, and that tree trunk looks like it has a face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post ... and the concept for it. I wonder if any other albums would lend to it so easily.


    P.S. I adore T-Swift too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a few songs from T-Swift that I like but none of her popular ones, really. I think Innocent is my favorite song from her ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea!! I am not a t-swizzle fan, but own it girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute idea! So fun to read all of your answers! PS- Shane says hi! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how fun! I'm tagging myself for this cuteness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Girl you have so much talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love this! Phenomenal answers darling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. #13 absolutely! And even when you find someone it's only icing some of the time. Sometimes it's a difficult compromise, a wrinkle in the situation, a challenge you have to overcome, sometimes it ends up being more pain than pleasure, and sometimes it's just a pain in the ass. Usually, it's all of those things over a span of time. The concept that a romantic entanglement with a good person solves or completes us as people is such pervasive, wrong BS. It's a change in circumstance, no more, no less (the same way gaining or losing a friend, job, pet, fortune, etc is). I think de-programming that part of ourselves, especially as women, is one of the most difficult lessons to learn. And good on you for getting that done before you hit your 30s!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful way to direct a hard part of your life...oh yeah Shane says hi

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a really neat way to do a question and answer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Angie, It's good to visit your blog again, hun.
    Thank you for the generous giveaways! Shane says Hi.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I usually google it. I know HBO lists a lot of them on the site, but usually google is the quickest way to find it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah it was pretty fun! You should do it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks love! We all have our own preferences, it'd be boring if we were all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah I tend to like the less popular ones better-the radio hits are overplayed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It really is fun-and this is such a great album!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It would be really fun to see if any other ones do, it could be a lot of fun! Maybe I may have to rethink Musical Mondays a bit. lol


    She's so great. I love her No BS-all positivity attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw, thank you so much Carissa! You're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh man, I see faces in everything... There's a name for it... Pareidolia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just started watching Deadbeat a few days ago!
    mcfallsk8er[at]aim[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Here's my link...http://www.meghananna.com/2015/05/1989-survey.html :D Have a great day Angie!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh neat! What part? I work in Pleasant Grove and grew up down by Spanish Fork lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this! I'm doing my own xD Here's the link: http://thoughtsofadreamer-sammy.blogspot.com/2015/05/taylor-swift-1989-ask-me-anything.html

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.