5.27.2015

3 Ways to Make Your Home EVEN BETTER

3 Ways to Make Your Home EVEN BETTER

You’ve got the Shangri-La of semi-detached homes. Your living room is bathed in the kind of terracotta hue usually reserved for sultan’s palaces. Your bedroom has more finery than a shop made of silk. And you own enough luxury items to make a gameshow jealous.

But there’s still something missing from your home. There’s still a little bit more potential you could wring out of those bricks and mortar before your masterpiece is complete.

If you can’t quite put your finger on what those improvements might be, try a few of these.

Orangery is the new conservatory
The conservatory has forever been a middle class dream. A quick wander through any suburbia will show you that. But they’re not the only option for your home. For a unique look to your home, why not invest in an orangery?

Orangery styles vary from home to home but you can guarantee that any style you choose will be pretty snazzy.

But what is an orangery? Essentially it’s a conservatory that will give you a more enclosed feeling, allowing you to lounge in privacy.

What’s more,  this simple addition could add thousands of pounds to the value of your home. So nab one today.

Alter that attic
Until you convert your attic, it’s little more than a creepy empty space between your rooms and roof. It’s probably covered in dusty boxes. One or two of those boxes might contain a horrible looking doll. Who knows when that doll will attack! Basically, your unconverted attic is a horror movie waiting to happen.

But if you convert that attic into another room, you’ll have extra space, added value to your house price and more insulation.

You can do whatever you like with your attic – just don’t make it pure horror show.

Find your focus
Focal points are ace ideas for every room in your home, drawing the eye and giving your space a centre that’ll complement everything else.

What will constitute an ace focal point depends on which room you’re refurbishing. Your living room could do with a cool ornament or coffee table, your hall might suit a classy bookcase and your garden might require a stunning water feature.

It’s a fine balancing act between finding something that’ll catch the eye and plopping something garish in your home, but that’s a part of the fun.


Experiment with different styles and furnishings, and find a great centre for your home. It’ll finally make it complete. 

This post was written by John Paul in line with my disclosure policy.


9 comments:

  1. Just had to Google "orangery." Now I want one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no specific decor or focal point for my rooms. I think I need to work on that.


    Different topic: how goes the search for a house? I haven't been over here for a week or two and might have missed you mentioning an update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An orangery sounds very grand. I want one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I'm about to move into a new home, these are great things to think about. Though my attic will be more of a crawl space haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, you got me thinking about my focal points in each room, sadly I think I am going to need to change a few things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ALWAYS looking for tips to bring up my productivity! Thank you for these ideas! Finding my focus has been my biggest struggle, but with your words I think I can push through (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was such a great post! I want to stay up late and redo my apartment now!

    xo katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have never heard of an orangery before, nor do I have an attic- but I sure wish I had both! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post and awesome tips. Thankyou, some times it's SO hard to find focus!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.