5.26.2015

Photography: When I Grow Up


For my final project in my Intro to Photography class, we were required to tell a story with a series of photographs.  We were also required to print them out and mount them in order to show them off in class.  The professor's biggest stipulation?  Don't be boring.  A point most of my classmates did surprisingly well on-it was fun to see all the projects!

I ran through a bunch of different ideas... Ranging from documenting a day in the life of different people I knew (moms, technical support representatives, kids, etc.) to documenting a road trip to buy lottery tickets and discount liquor-since you can't get either of those in Utah.  Instead, I ended up enlisting my 10 year old goddaughter in a project I've titled "When I Grow Up".  The idea behind the story being her documenting and trying out all of the things she wants to be when she grows up, but ultimately deciding to just stay a kid for a while longer... Here's that story.











Right now she's obsessed with rocks, so the Geologist is her main career goal.  Ultimately, she did find it super tedious and beg to go back out and play with the other kids, so the project was slightly self-fulfilling-which is good, because this cute girls needs to stop trying to grow up so fast.

What did you want to be when you were little?


23 comments:

  1. Thank you! I got these heels at Forever Young Shoes like 10 years ago, and I've never seen them available again since!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took some amazing photographs!! I have a pair of shoes that look similar from Charlotte Ruse last summer! I wanted to be an actress, a mom, or a princess until I was 15... then it was just a mom or actress

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! Love the idea as well. When I was a kid I wanted to be a teacher, and that's what I became! Of course once I became a teacher and saw the school librarians, I wondered why I hadn't realized that was what I really wanted to do, and so now I went back to school to get the degree to do that, and I'm now a school librarian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool! I think I'd really enjoy being a librarian!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! When I was little I wanted to be literally everything....ballet dancer, actress, astronaut, horse jockey (yes really!), author, nurse....the list goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures Angie. It's amazing how fast kids grow up. I still don't know exactly what I want to be when I grow up though...lol.


    Xoxo,
    Erin
    www.erineveryday.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That policewoman set is fantastic! Totally cracks me up. She's going to love looking back at these in 30 years. :)


    When I was a kid I wanted to be a vet (until I found out I'd have to dissect a cat in college), and then a marine biologist (until I found out that field isn't what folks think it is) and an author (until I realized that isn't a career path, it's a hobby that sometimes pays you a little bit). It's great that we try to expose kids to multiple paths, options and passions. But asking anyone who has never been in the workforce to decide what they want to be when they grow up? Ridiculous. Being a kid while you're a kid should be enough!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such an adorable post! :) You did a great job! These photos are something she'll look back on fondly :) What great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this story in photos -- such a cute idea! When I was growing up I wanted to be a veterinarian :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanted to be a veterinarian when I was a kid too! But then I realized it's not all nice things and decided not to. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's so adorable. I told her to make her very best "serious business" face lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, it is funny. I told her to make her very best "serious business" face for the arresting photo. And yeah, I wanted to be a vet and an author, until I realized both of those things. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so fun! I was the same way, though I never did want to be an astronaut (I'm mildly claustrophobic) or horse jockey. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. As I got older I started getting a more sensitive stomach -- now I practically faint at the sight of blood. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful photos that's for sure, what a great idea

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.