Well it had been about a year since I'd been so I was definitely feeling the itch-and this time I rented a car to have a little more freedom and not make Mr. Bingo drive the two and a half hours each way to pick me up both times. This also allowed me to stop off in Florence and have dinner with my old neighbors Seneca and Navi-who moved there a while back. They took me to a little restaurant called Homegrown where we had some wonderful food and my new favorite cider which is an apricot cider they make in Bend, OR. I really wish I could find it here.
There's just something magic about driving down the 101 at twilight with that sea-soaked air and your music blaring that speaks to my heart. I have so much love for it. Psst-Beth-look what I was driving. It was a great little car!
It was pretty late at that point so Mr. Bingo and I hung out for the evening. The next day he had to work so I worked on a few things and then I went out and took some photos in the yard. Before we decided to head out for lunch at a local Chinese place he wanted to try (good food but weird atmosphere) we looked out the window and saw this little guy stopping by to say hello.
I couldn't get quite the shot I wanted through the windows so I wondered if I could sneak out the front door without him noticing. With very careful and quiet sneaking (it took a while) I was finally out on the porch in my stocking feet and face to face with my little friend. He stood their staring at me for a few minutes until he decided he'd had enough of the paparazzi and ran off into the bushes.
So then we went to lunch at the little Chinese place, which had tasty food but there was no music or ambiance so we just sat there wondering if the cook was killing people in the back or something. Then we took our fortune cookie numbers and headed to the gas station to play them in the lottery. We didn't win. Sadly. When we got back to the house Mr. Bingo had some working to do so I went out to take photos in the yard. I was working on playing with lighting since I've recently learned how to work the aperture and Fstops and ISO and all that fun business. So here are a few of my favorite photos I took in the yard.


















What is that cute little car? <3
ReplyDeleteAnd wow... the picture of the deer is BEAUTIFUL! Ugh I need to learn my cameras. Every time I think I understand, I apparently don't. haha
Absolutely jealous of your road trip to Oregon. That is a place I've always wanted to go. And to Washington state. That whole part of the USA is just so gorgeous to me. Your pictures are awesome too. What kind of camera do you use? I love your kitty cat. I have a kitten named Mitzy and she has the same markings. Except she has white on her chest and belly and on her chin. I once had a cat named JB who was all black with the gold splotches. The vet called him a reverse calico or something like that. Hope you have fun on the rest of your trip <3
ReplyDeleteIt's a Chevy Spark.
ReplyDeleteThank you! It's really difficult though-so I get you. That's why I had to take a class!
The Pacific Northwest is AMAZING. I love it there. I have a CanonT3i.
ReplyDeleteThat Kitty is my friend's, he lives in Oregon and when he moved there the owners left her behind so he now takes care of her. She's so sweet.
What a gorgeous yard!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got to get a little Spark love! :D
ReplyDeleteAnd your photos look excellent....driving the 101 is indeed magical, in every state. Clearly, Oregon is the home of your heart.
Right? I want to live there.
ReplyDeleteIt really is! I love Oregon. I just want to live on the coast in the PNW. Maybe one day I will.
ReplyDeleteI hope so! And when I have a cabin on the San Juan Islands overlooking the orca's usual pass-through, you're welcome to come stay. :)
ReplyDeleteI love Oregon, too, and am always happy to get a weekend away from town. Your pictures of nature and the animals are fantastic! Especially the cat :)
ReplyDeleteSuch lovely photos
ReplyDeleteI might be biased but I truly believe that the Pacific Northwest is absolutely beautiful. I could not imagine living anywhere else. I love the photos you took!
ReplyDeleteOooh, I will definitely take you up on that!
ReplyDeleteIt is, I want to go there. And thank you! Now I have to figure out which ones are the best to print off for my photography class lol
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
ReplyDeleteThank you! It's such a great place.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing GREAT with that camera!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! The class is definitely helping.
ReplyDeleteYou have a lot of great ones to choose from!
ReplyDelete