10.11.2010

Happy National Coming Out Day!

As most of you know (if you've been reading my blog for a while.) I'm a HUGE supporter of Equal rights and I have a lot of LGBT friends.  So, in the spirit of things:

Happy National Coming Out Day!


So in the spirit, I'm going to come out on my blog. It's kind of scary to do, even though I'm proud of who I am; I've avoided really talking about the matter before because I love all my readers and family.  However, I figure if a reader has a problem with who I am-and don't want to read anymore-let them be that way.  Also, if my family doesn't love me still, I don't want to stay close to them.  I'm still the same person, and my blog will still go on as it has.

I'm bisexual.

Yes, I prefer men in general (mostly I think because of the religious brainwashing I had as a child) but I am still very attracted to women.  If I found the right girl, I think I could fall in love and settle down and have a life with her.  I just haven't found that person yet, be it male or female.  I've been with women physically, but never had a lasting loving commitment with one... But hell, look at how terrible most of my relationships with Men have been-I could say the same for them.

So there it is, I'm completely out, which is both scary and liberating.  Do with it what you will.

I love and support you all, and can only hope for the same!

Have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. I still love you and I think you are fabulous no matter what!
    Happy coming out day to you!!
    I think some women are very sexy in a "oh, I would totally make out with her" way... but I'm not attracted to women (if that makes sense). As in, I'd never have a relationship with a woman b/c they don't do it for me, but I do think some are very hot.
    ok, so that my hole in the ground is sufficiently deep, I will jump in it haha

    I'm glad that you have come out and told the world who you are. I hope you feel very liberated and I hope that the people in your life recognize that this doesn't make your IDENTITY, it's simply one tiny piece in the puzzle that comprises miss Angie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo! Go you! ^_^ Don't you wish it were okay to love whoever you wanted?! That there was no need for a "Coming Out Day" because there was no need to be in a closet?!

    I hope to see a day like that before I die. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm bi curious... LOL

    But since Im married I guess I'll never freaking know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miley - Thank you SOOOO much, you are such a sweetheart! It's so true too, it DOESN'T make your identity, it's just a little piece of who you are.

    Brianne - God, it would be soooo great to see a day like that. Let's make it happen before we die!

    CB - Girls are hot, you're living proof of that! Haha, maybe your hubs would be into you exploring it? Usually turns guys on... Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. That took a lot of courage. You go girl! I think that if people don't accept you as you are, they never really were your friend in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think what you did was very very awesome and brave. Good for you for making that step!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Such a great post!
    You do whatever makes you happy! Well done for standing up for yourself and others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You remind me a lot of my sister... who also is Bi.
    So obviously, I still like you friend :)

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.