This was supposed to be posted last week, but there was a mishap... So I'm reposting properly today. :)
I started seeing someone. I'm not going to tell you much about him specifically yet, but I do want to say that it's been fun and exciting so far.
When we first started this, whatever this is, I had the idea that it was going to be purely physical. I told myself I was taking a break from my hunt for a meaningful relationship and I was going to just have fun and "do it like a dude." Of course some close friends responded with "I'll believe it when I see it" and my therapist flat out said "Not sure how this is going to work..." and advised me to "Be careful, but stay open to possibilities." So that's what I decided. Whatever it was going to be I was going in with no expectations, but I would still keep an open mind. I wasn't hoping for anything by any means, but I didn't want to so close myself off to it that if the possibility of something more came up I instantly rejected it. That's no fun either.
Since this all started before my trip to Canada, he and I texted each other 24/7 while I was gone, and something about all that talking and making ourselves get to know each other before our planned physical encounter made a world of difference. We both agreed we'd do what I'd been saying I wanted and skip right to the comfortable part instead of going through the awkward first date scenario, so our first date started with Tequila shots, homemade Lasagna (I cooked!), and a movie at my place. Our first date started at 8PM Friday night and ended at noon on Sunday... It turns out that we enjoy each other's company, and he's already expressed he'd like to be around for a good long while. And me? Well, in spite of my initial intentions, I find myself being drawn in-and I'd sure like to keep him around for a while.
So I'm going forward. Still with no expectations, an open mind, and perhaps just a touch of hope and excitement. Who knows what will happen? It could be something that lasts, or it could just be a fun Summer affair. Life is a funny thing, and either way I'm going to enjoy it.
This week's song:
Hypnotic
by Zella Day
I wanna be on the front line, knotted up suit ties, talking like a head strong mamma
Got the picture in your wallet, making me a habit, wearing your vintage tee shirt
Tie ribbons on your top hat, telling me I'm all that, just like the girls from your home town
Sweet-blooded and I'm stranded, see if I can stand it, drinking in the shallow water
Magnetic, everything about you, you really got me now
You do to me so well
Hypnotic taking over me
Make me feel like someone else
You've got me talkin' in my sleep
I don't wanna come back down
I don't wanna touch the ground
Pacific ocean dug so deep
Hypnotic taking over me
White threads on my laces, stuck on the hinges, swinging the door to the back yard
Got splinters walking tight ropes, spun like a bandage, touch on the outer surface
Bright eyes of the solstice, wherever your mind is, headed for a freight train city
Locked up til you're moon lit, brushing my hair back, feeling your lips on my cold neck
Magnetic, everything about you, you really got me now
You do to me so well
Hypnotic taking over me
Make me feel like someone else
You've got me talkin' in my sleep
I don't wanna come back down
I don't wanna touch the ground
Pacific ocean dug so deep
Hypnotic taking over me
Hypnotic taking over me
(Repeat X2)
Hypnotic taking over me

This month's giveaway is going to be a book, about music, because I decided to combine to things I love-books and Musical Mondays! So you can enter to win a copy of Love is a Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield. Giveaway is open Worldwide and ends on July 1st at 12AM. Entering below agrees to all terms and conditions within the Rafflecopter.





love these musical monday posts! and that's so exciting! wish you nothing but the best :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Helene! You are so sweet!
ReplyDeleteAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI learned with Chris that going in with no expectations is the way to do it. When I met him, I had just started dipping my toes back in the dating pool and just wanted to have some fun. I wasn't intending to meet anyone. He turned out to be the second of three guys I went on dates with. And, well, he stuck.
I think that has to be the ONLY way to do it. I mean he and I talked about how it stressed him out thinking that we might both get attached and hurt, and I just kept telling him that I have no expectations. It could end up being something lasting and wonderful, or we could part ways in weeks/months/years-you never know! We're not fortune tellers, so let's just enjoy the moment and keep ourselves open to possibility without expecting or planning.
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! Mine and my husbands first date was at my house on Christmas and Lasagna was served! His family actually thought my name was Zanya because they misunderstood him! I think it's great you met someone! It's so important to find a significant other that you can have fun with!
ReplyDeleteOMG YAY! I'm so happy for you!!!! And yes, going in with no expectations is the best way to do it. I don't have much experience, like at all but I still somehow managed to figure that out. It really is the best way. Expectations are so much pressure.
ReplyDeleteAnd Hypnotic is amazing. I was in love with this song a couple months ago. My Starbucks app introduced me to it. xD
I'm really happy for you - whatever the turn out is.
ReplyDeleteYa know, there was nothing special about Jeremy before we went out that drew me in. I only went out with him because I knew I needed to get out and see other people. I'd been trying to do that since October 2013 (I met Jeremy in May 2014) but I kept getting sucked into that weird pseudo relationship with my friend. I went into things with Jeremy with zero expectations of him other than to just have a nice time. And now we live together and have been in a relationship for over a year.
Don't be afraid to enjoy whatever it turns out to be - even if it's just for the summer. I had a couple of those relationships myself and it really helped put perspective on who and what I was actually looking for. I hope it does for you as well. <3
Ohh, exciting! Have fun and enjoy the time with him, whether that's until next week or for life. :)
ReplyDeleteHaha funny! Lasagna seems to be a great first date food!
ReplyDeleteIt's such a great song, and thanks! It's hard keeping no expectations, but worth it for our sanity I think.
ReplyDeleteThanks love! Sometimes, that's just how it works out.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I plan to. ;)
ReplyDeleteHow exciting indeed
ReplyDeleteLove this song! :)
ReplyDelete