6.22.2015

It's Been A Hundred Years, I've No Idea Which Direction to Go


Life seems a little crazy right now.  Everything's in the process of changing... It doesn't feel like one of those big awakenings where everything's on the verge of change and I'm anticipating and tingling for it.  Instead, it feels like I know everything is going to change, and I'm just waiting.  Waiting, waiting, waiting.

I feel like I spend a lot of time waiting these days.  I'm waiting to find out if this house is for real this time.  Waiting to find out if this boy is for real, and if he'll get things together in time to catch me.  Waiting to see how I'll feel about it all.  Waiting to see what I need to do to progress in either front.  So much waiting.

However, the problem is not in the having to wait for something.  The problem is my attitude about waiting.  It's the way I see the waiting in my own head like it's something I have to reluctantly do.  Wait, the problem is with me?  Crazy.  Mirrors.

The waiting can be a blessing, if I let it... If I'll just change my perception of the matter at hand on all fronts I'll find that time is good.  Instead of feeling like I'm just waiting, I can actively be preparing.  I can be cleaning, and packing, and putting things in gear for what will come.  There is time to see how I really feel about situations and their possible outcomes. The time before it all falls into place can be a blessing, because it eventually will fall into place, but will I be ready?  I hope so.

Today's song isn't super relating to my situation, but it's been in my head non-stop and I have to share it.  I've listened to Elle King's album "Love Stuff" so many times in the last couple of weeks I have all of the songs damn-near memorized, and I'm not sick of it yet.  This is the song that keeps playing in my head, and I have to listen to it daily just to keep the earworm from playing on repeat all day long.  But I don't mind-I really like it.

This week's song:
Song of Sorrow
by Elle King


Made my way to Passerman's Hollow even though it was too soon
And all the King's men say 'there's no tomorrow' 
So I followed the sorrow song of the moon

Scriptures slinging and I can't seem to find my way back home
It's been a hundred years, I've no idea which direction to go
This is my song of sorrow
This is my song of sorrow
This is my song of sorrow

Weak and wide-eyed my pride is swallowed
I'm begging for my heart's last beat
And I'm repaying all the time I borrowed
So forever the sorrow song I sing

Scriptures slinging and I can't seem to find my way back home
It's been a hundred years, I've no idea which direction to go
This is my song of sorrow
This is my song of sorrow
This is my song of sorrow

Oooo, song of sorrow
Oooo, song of sorrow
Oooo, song of sorrow
Oooo

Scriptures slinging and I can't seem to find my way back home
It's been a hundred years, I've no idea which direction to go

Scriptures slinging and I can't seem to find my way back home
It's been a hundred years, I've no idea which direction to go
This is my song of sorrow
This is my song of sorrow
This is my song of sorrow


How to Play Musical Mondays

Musical Mondays at My So-Called Chaos

Musical Mondays is a weekly linky party where you can share songs or other music-related posts each Monday and link up with the linky.  Then you can enter the monthly giveaway and visit the other music posts linked up. To join us:
  • Write a blog post sharing music or something music-related.
  • Include the Musical Mondays button (code below) and/or a link back.
  • Link-up in the linky below.
  • Visit other Musical Monday links in the linky.
  • Enter the Giveaway below.




Enter to win a copy of Love is a Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield
This month's giveaway is going to be a book, about music, because I decided to combine to things I love-books and Musical Mondays!  So you can enter to win a copy of Love is a Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield.  Giveaway is open Worldwide and ends on July 1st at 12AM.  Entering below agrees to all terms and conditions within the Rafflecopter.



30 comments:

  1. What a sad but great song! She has a really good voice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole album is amazing, and her voice... She can do things with it. Each song almost sounds like a different singer just because of the way she can vary her sound. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very honest - not to flatter you - it came out really great! Decorating cakes and cookies might look easy to the uninitiated, but it can be hard, messy, and lots of flops - I love this it looks yummy and pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, you're so sweet! It was pretty good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waiting can be SO HARD. Especially when we know that what we're waiting for is a good and worthwhile thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like such a cute planner! I need to try and be more organized! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful song! Thanks for sharing.

    xo katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful song! Waiting is so hard- I think being in transition is really difficult. You are smart to take a more proactive approach and do some preparing. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite depressing song but also suits my mood at the moment. Thanks for this new artist!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're welcome, thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you came for a visit too. You're always a great visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen is funny, her blog makes me laugh a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to get into that more. I have lots of little planners and diaries and I never use them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am bad at it. I really want to use it, I spent $50 on my Erin Condren Planner and still can't make myself sit down and write in it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Erin Condren ones are fantastic. A little on the pricey side, but so beautiful and well laid out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are so adorable. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are pricey. Butttt…being a stay-at-home mom, a budding entrepreneur, and a blogger makes me think it's worth it. Or maybe I'm feeding my organization addiction. Who knows? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this song, and I really relate to this post. I needed to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Waiting is no fun at all. It seems like everyone is going through big changes or waiting for things to change lately.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah it does, doesn't? I know a ton of people looking for places.

    ReplyDelete
  21. As Tom Petty said, the waiting is the hardest part. Much easier to be doing, and in the midst of the chaos, or planning it, then be patient and ready to react any which way. But you got this! It's always, in hindsight, a shorter period of waiting than we expect or assume.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.