5.19.2015

Photography: The Yard Back Home-Lakeshore Utah


Last month I went down to my family's house to visit.  It's always nice to visit, especially on a day with semi-nice weather where I can take a couple of shots.  I wanted to show you lovely readers where I come from, so here's a little glimpse of the one place I consider home.  We moved a bit when we were kids, but this was the last place we landed and the place my family still lives.

I grew up here.  We raised cows, horses, and I even raised and showed a sheep at the stock show.  I lived here through some of the worst and best of my formative years.  Sometimes going back feels refreshing, and sometimes going back can be terrifying.  But it's always nice to breath the country air and see all the stars shining in that big bright sky.


This handsome fella is my little brother's dog Bernie, and the little wiley guy who decided he should be the center of attention is Odie, my sister's rescue dog.  Bernie was terrified of the camera, enough that gave me a couple good shots and then he ran off until I put it away...


What does it look like where you come from?


19 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - I love this. I love where you come from. And especially love the pups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear Utah is beautiful. I love that mountain backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two friends living in Utah and I am always so jealous of the photos they send me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful area! And the dogs - I have such a soft spot for dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one lovely place. Your dog is so gorgeous! Amazing snaps.
    - theabstractreaderwriter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We live in Spanish Fork right on the other side of the freeway and I love to drive out in Lakeshore. We would love to have a farm....except I like to sleep in. I do drive over to that side of the free way to take pictures of the mountains though because the view is much better. Thanks for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your home is gorgeous! I have some photos from around my parents' property in a post here: http://www.embusyliving.com/2014/07/a-week-and-world-away.html I lived there my entire life (until college) and am so sentimental about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never actually been but I think Utah is one of the most beautiful state in the country!! All the mountains and space! Your pictures are beautiful. ps, I really want on of those black and white chickens! I'm at maximum chicken capacity currently but in the near future I hope to move and have more land for more animals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say this every time you post photos of Utah, but they are beautiful! I grew up in Western Pennsylvania where fall is beautiful. The color of the leaves are breath taking. Now I live in Alabama and they are so really great parks and gardens to take pictures in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oregon looks pretty similar to Utah, just more green! I love those doggies BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, I totally love this song! Carole King is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look so nice. I need to go back and visit Utah again. I haven't been since last June.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What beautiful scenery. I can practically smell the clean, fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't realize you'd grown up country! I'm trying to imagine you with a pet sheep...hrmmmmm.... ;)

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.