5.24.2013

Confessions, B*tchy Resting Face, & New Sponsor Options

I Confess...
I've been hearing about the Instagram accounts being shut down and I get nervous!  I wonder what that is all about!

I Confess...
I picked up these two pretty journals this week, they look like they'are going to be so fun!


I Confess...
I let myself get too wrapped up in rejection.  Honestly, I really didn't think my date Sunday went too badly... He answered the phone twice, I called him on it and he seemed okay that I called him on it... However when I get nervous I hide behind my humor, so I did tease him quite a bit.  I haven't heard from him since so I am thinking he was too offended.  Which is too bad, as I'd really like to go out again and get the opportunity to be more relaxed and not so nervous!  First dates suck.  I hate them.

I Confess...
I may or may not have drank an entire bottle (or more) of wine Monday night while dealing with what was already pretty sure was rejection.  I thought I had gotten off scott free when I woke up without a hangover, but it hit me around 10am on Tuesday... Not too bad, just queasy and tired.


I Confess...
I may or may not have sent a letter to said guy I went on a date with.  It was such a nice letter though.  I apologized if I offended him, and wished him the best of luck if I didn't see him again.  A.K.A if he was the disappearing type, which I'm starting to come to the conclusion that he is.  Oh well.

I Confess...
I was just talking to Karen about how much I hate that guys just disappear when a simple text saying "Hey, it's not going to work out" would easily clear it up.  Seems so cowardly-and I've experienced it so many times. Then I picked up The Between Boyfriends Book that Beth (by way of Aubrey) sent me, and the very first paragraph said:
"Men are good at a lot of things.  Breaking up is not one of them.  When a woman wants to break up with a man, she invites him over for dinner, cooks his favorite dish, and tells him she's seeing his best friend.  It's all very straightforward and diplomatic. But men have this aversion to endings.  They prefer to take the passive mode, allowing the relationship to end itself.  Men can't be bothered with dramatic farewells, the questioning of motives, discussions.  They are bored.  They want out. Goodbye." - Cindy Chupack
I Confess...
I have not been very good at not eating my emotions this week.  I've enjoyed too many things I'd avoided when sticking to my WW points...  I also gained 2+ lbs.  So I need to get back into business and back into getting myself to uber hotness.  Curry was kind of worth it though...


I Confess...
I changed my sponsorship options up just a little.  Prices are remaining the same for now, but will probably go up at the end of Summer (not much, I still want them to be pretty reasonable).  I mostly did away with featured posts as I don't seem to get to them as well, I'm thinking of just splitting up the sponsor round-ups per size, and doing mostly interviews and guest posts with the bigger ones.

I Confess...
It's possible I also suffer from Bitchy Resting Face:


Bitchy Resting Face - watch more funny videos      

I Confess...
I have loved Seduce Me Strawberry from the Avon Forbidden Fruits Collection as my nail polish choice this week!  I've never used Avon polish, but it was good! If you need an Avon Rep, my friend Melanie would be happy to help you!


I Confess...
I'm so ready for the weekend.  Here's what I'll be jamming out to!


 photo HighHeeledLove_zpsbbcc137c.jpg

18 comments:

  1. super cute nail color & what? i haven't heard of instagram accounts being shut down. i did however get a pin removed-but at least my account wasn't suspended.
    and about that guy-don't dwell on him too much. most people find their perfect match when they're not looking. i was on a guy break when i met the dh. keep your head up high and smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instagram removing accounts is just random and a glitch. People didn't do anything wrong or anything.

    I love that bitch face video. It's hilarious. My husband told me numerous times that I have a case of the bitch face hahaha.It's true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the men disappearing. I have been dating since October and they just "are gone" no word, then all of a sudden two months later they are back.... like I have been sitting around waiting???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, bitchy resting face.....I love this. My bestfriend can create a force field around us with her bitch stare so sometimes it's worth it!

    Boys are pretty dumb so don't take the rejection too hard, darling. Also, here is a Russian proverb that was given to me by one the older women in my life. "Whether you are 17 or 70 there is always ANOTHER man." So just get back out there and learn from the last date.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how that book pointed that out first thing. Sorry you are having to deal with a guy that likes to pull the disappearing act. I'll never understand why it is so hard for them to grow balls and say what they are feeling.
    I totally suffer from bitchy resting face! I always look like I am pissed or going to kill someone, but it's just my natural face. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I confess that I am so happy that I came here today, I wasn't going to read blogs but changed my mind and decided to read a few and yours was the 10th one I got to.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those books - I would love something like that! :) I'll have to look into it!

    Sorry you feel rejected - you shouldn't. it's his loss. You're beautiful, and from what I've read, a fun person to be around. If he can't handle when you're feeling vulnerable, he isn't worth it. :) Hope those words help.

    Nail polish ROCKS! :)
    And my daughter's and I are LOVING this song.
    Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bitch face video is hilarious. I have a friend that totally suffers from it, sadly she does not have a sense of humor about it.
    Those journals look like so much fun. What a great way to keep creativity flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is NO excuse to answer your phone on a first date. Unless it's a family emergency, which doesn't usually happen twice. I don't care how busy you are or socially connected or how polite you are about it- if you can't focus on getting to know your date and enjoying time together for an hour or two *the first time you meet*, how the hell are you going to enjoy doing anything together in the future? You're well rid of such a rude boy. (And I know, because you're you, that you won't think of it that way, and you'll be kind and understanding. But you deserve better).

    Time to move on to the next potential first date! Hey, maybe volunteering with Pride will introduce you to some good single guys that you'll hit it off with?

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower here, found you through Luchessa's blog post. Glad I did, I love your blog! This 'confessions' blog post is great, I look forward to getting to know you better and reading more.

    Lyndsay xx
    www.fizzypeaches.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like Instagram was hacked...LOL At least that's what I heard. I love the pink polish!!

    I am doing another promoting Apps giveaway but this one will be smaller and no downloading the Apps at all.
    You get 1 Free link of choice to host with me. Let me know if you are interested sweetie. I have more about it on my blog. Have a super long weekend!!
    XOXO
    isafrenchy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved this post. I am with you on hating first dates, probably why I ended up dating all my male friends. That way I don't have to be tooo nervous.
    I totally agree with the cury, it's always worth it.
    And WOW! Lovely nail polish. It's sooo yummy looking. I think I am going to get me a bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with Beth on this date. He should have left his phone in his pocket. I'd give him a pass if he were on call for work or family emergencies, but that's it. I hope you're enjoying the Between Boyfriends book. It's so hilarious.

    Some weekend soon, you need to come here or I need to go there, and we'll have a great time together. No boys allowed.

    Thanks for joining the Friday Confessional party! Hope you're having a fabulous holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree that boys suck at breaking up! If they were just honest, it would wave a lot of wondering, "did he like me? Is he going to call?"

    Boys are dumb!

    ReplyDelete
  15. the instagram thing was a glitch! and it sucked because i was one of the accounts that got disabled! love that nail polish! avon's nail polish is pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Unless someone is in the hospital or you have young children at home with a sitter, answering the phone on a first date is a definite red flag IMHO. Sucks if he's a vanishing act.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bitchy Resting Face? I immediately had to Google this. SWEET JESUS DO I HAVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.