2.22.2013

Confessions: Pretty Colors and a Cute Boy

I Confess...
I'm learning how to let things go... How to stop trying to control things and just let them be.  This is a good lesson for me, and I'm getting better and better at quelling my inner control freak.  It's still hard, but I'm learning.

I Confess...
I got to see Rocky twice this week, which was wonderful.  Since we decided to just let it be what it's going to be and stop trying to force and control it, it has been less stressful and more fun.  Last night we went to Buffalo Wild Wings and had nachos, then chocolate cake.  It was a lot of fun.



I Confess...
I have a strange obsession with nail color even though I almost never color my nails.  So I came home last night and used the Wild Cactus Color Club color that I got from this month's Birchbox.  It's a lovely emerald-ish color, which is the Pantone Color of the Year.  Even though I'm terrible at painting my nails, it was fun.


I Confess...
I canceled my Birchbox subscription and signed up to be a Julep Maven instead.  I took the fun little quiz and it told me I'm an "It Girl" style.  Bright bold colors, which-yep.  I love my bright colors.  Have you used Julep before?  

I Confess...
I got my first box (including 3 bottles of $14 polish) for FREE.  Seriously.  Let me know if you want the code to get your first box free, and if you'll use my referral code too!  It's so much fun! 

I Confess...
You really should go enter my giveaway if you haven't yet, it's amazing! 



 photo HighHeeledLove_zpsbbcc137c.jpg

9 comments:

  1. yay! so glad you and rocky got to hang out and it not be pressure pressure pressure. it really does make everything a lot more fun when your not worried bout where you stand.

    have a good weekend, angie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rocky is pretty cute. Glad you guys worked it out. Sometimes it's just best to enjoy the now and worry about the later when it comes :o)
    Love that nail color. I have about a million colors in my stash, but only really wear it in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome that you guys are just letting things go whichever way they go and not stressing about it :D Looks like you guys had fun - and you two are super cute together!
    I love the color of that nail polish! I am so excited for my Julep box to come in the mail!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad things are good with Rocky. It sounds like you're taking it just the way you should.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you're having fun with Rocky! It's good just to let things go the way they will sometimes (not that I'm any good at this, ask my husbad...lol). I like the new nail color; thanks for joining Julep via my link!

    Thanks for joining the Friday Confessional party, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love the color!!! I've got to find it. While I never paint my fingernails my toes are always up to date :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. :D I can tell y'all are having fun in these photos. LOVE the nail color. I bought Shelley some new polish by Flowers (Drew Barrymore's new company) from WalMart.

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwweee Rocky is a cutie :)

    Love the nail color. I suck at painting my nails too. My sister go that shallac stuff so I usually just go paint them there & they last a week - week & 1/2. That is about the only way I paint mine anymore. I do miss fake nails though, I love they way they look.

    Those beauty box things sound so fun. Like a little bit of happiness mailed to ya each month. I'll have to look into them a little.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.