2.12.2013

Friends & Babies Cheer Me Up

This weekend proved to be quite eventful.  Friday I got all dolled up and excited because Rocky was coming to Bingo with me this month.  I thought I looked quite cute.

Miss Angie My So-Called Chaos

So he met me at my place and we headed down to bingo where we sat with Brigg and Callie, and next to Julie and the Pincushion (nickname thanks to Callie-who is also calling Rocky the Punching Bag) she's dating.  We had a really good time, and after Bingo we picked up takeout Chinese food, frozen yogurt, and then went back home to cuddle and watch Doctor Who.  We made out a little, and then he went home.

Saturday was less than stellar to start with, due to the fact that I'm pretty sure Rocky and I broke up.  There's still a chance I guess, as he said he's going to think about it-he just has some damage from his last heartbreak that is still lingering and keeping him scared from progressing with me.  I really like the guy though, and spent most of the day crying-though he did too and I have no hard feelings... At least he was honest.  I'm still crossing my fingers that something will work out though.

So to make it through the heartache and not spend Saturday night alone, I got in my car in a blizzard and drove up to Kristina's house.  It was a nice night of drinking and spending time with friends, and playing cards.

Friends hanging out

Sunday morning I decided to spend most of the day still at Kristina's. Still consoling myself with pancakes and playing with the cute baby all morning.  I also got to help Kaden and Kailee do their Valentine's for school.  Sometimes I miss being a kid.

The Burger Stop Layton UTBaby Kat Tummy TimeBaby Kat Tummy TimeBaby Kat SleepingKaden filling out Valentines for his Kindergarten ClassKailee filling out Valentine's for her second grade class

When I got home Sunday night Josh and I picked up Himilayan kitchen and slurpee therapy and then spent the evening watching funny movies.  A good weekend full of friends and family who love you can help you through any kind of sadness!

My Happy List This Week:
  • Friends and family who cheer me up! 
  • Slurpees! 
  • I finished The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman last night, it was so good! 
  • I won the Wino Wednesday giveaway from Aubrey and Danielle!
  • We had blue skies yesterday... I want spring! 
  • I have a hair cut tomorrow night, and I'm going a lot more red!
Slurpees at 7 ElevenWino Wednesday Giveaway GoodiesClouds against a blue sky over Mount Timpanogus

Happy List Button from Art @ HomeTalk to us Tuesday button from Seriously Shawn and Impulsive AddictWeekend Update button from Join the GossipGFC Google Friend Connect Blog Hop ButtonSimply Positive Tuesdays button from AshaReyes

11 comments:

  1. We no longer have a 7eleven in our town. I miss Slurpees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You think he broke up with you? Do you want me to kick his butt? I will, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your Happy List. You typically have great weekends with friends. Friends are wonderful support. I am glad you have them to enjoy and when you need them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh crap! you think you broke up? I'm thinking not, you're really good together from what I read. I'm SO into Doctor Who. Which episode did you watch?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? No! I'm so sorry :( Sounds like it was out of the blue too. Glad you could be with loved ones because that helps.

    Thanks for linking up with us. I hope your week is off to a better start.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, now I'm dying for a slurpee! That sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boo. I hope he works it out. Sounds like you had such a nice time on Friday!
    Can't wait to see your hair! I keep asking for more and more red in mine, but it's so dark it only shows up really well when the sun is out. :o/ I really want my son's hair...maybe I'll take him with me next time. Perfect ginger...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still feel like any man who doesn't commit to you 100% isn't worth your time. Commit to life, take chances, and know who is worth it.

    Also....babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I'm kasey - visiting from TTUT. Love the happy list idea I might have to try that out too! Yay for haircuts- going red is super fun! Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great Happy List. Don't you just *love* Nobody Owens!?!?!? :D I want a sequel, darn it. Neil Gaiman said he might write one about Bod as an adult. *squee*

    I would give {almost} anything for blue skies. It has seriously been raining since Jan. 1 almost everyday, and the other days have been gray. We've had very little days of sun....just little glimpses. Everyone's depressed around here because we're all mildewed! :/

    Thanks so much for linking-up. :D

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you're doing okay and that things with Rocky are either still going or that it's all for the best. Either way, I hope you're feeling happy and awesome today!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.