4.24.2012

Birthday Week

I have some of the greatest friends and family, and they all made last week one of the best weeks ever.  I wish I had thought to get the camera out during the party, but I was much to drunk for that.

Monday: Julie and I went to dinner at The Dodo, which is one of the best restaurants in SLC.  Seriously, I haven't had anything there that I haven't thought was amazing.  Then we went and got supplies to make Drunken Gummy Bears for the party we were having on Saturday.


Drunken Gummies
3 pound bag of gummies
1 bottle of Vodka
3/4 bottle Everclear
3/4 bottle of Triple Sec

Soak for a week, add more booze as needed!
Enjoy!

Tuesday: Josh and I checked on the gummies and I found that they had soaked up so much that I had to add more vodka and split them into more containers! 


Wednesday: Had dinner with my grandma and my baby sister at Chili's.  The service was meh, but I did get a free brownie for my birthday.  Though that meant I had to let them sing to me...


Thursday: Shawn, Justin, and Brian took me out for Pho and then ice cream after.  IT was such a good time, and soooooo yummy.


Friday: I gathered a bunch of my friends together for dinner and games! It was so much fun.  Megan, Jon, Josh, Kristina, Courtney, David, Valor, Ortie, and Max joined me for Sushi and asian fusion food at Sapa.  Soooo yummy! I had like 3 Lychee Martinis...  The flowers and wine are from Kristina and her family, the pounds lost jars are from Valor.


After dinner we went back to my house and met up with Ken to play Telestrations and hang out! It was so much fun! Then Kristi, Ken, Courtney, and the kids all spent the night! We played games until late and then Kristi and I got to lay awake talking. Sleepover!

Saturday: We woke up early and made biscuits and gravy for breakfast, and then they all headed home and Josh and I hung out, did some shopping, and finished cleaning.  We also got to see Josh's mom before the party started.

Around 7 Pookie showed up.  I haven't seen him in a really long time, and we went to High School together so it was fun to catch up.  The minute he showed up we started drinking and eating gummy bears, and I'm pretty sure I was already drunk by the time the rest of the party showed up.

Meggy and Jon were the first to show after that, and brought me a shiny blue bag.  I love them so much, and I am so happy that they found each other in this crazy world.  The card said something about how glad they were to have me because I can put up with both of them at the same time! Haha, it was funny and cute.


Slowly but surely the rest of the party started filing in, next came Ortie and Max.  Max had gone and picked up my present from Josh because he'd accidentally shipped it to his grandma's.   I actually squealed out loud when I opened it!  Josh knows me so well, and I guess he spent all month hoping I didn't buy it as I debated back and forth buying it... lol The candle is from Ortie.


Ashley came, Kasey came with his new Fiance Jeff (so cute!), Amine and Stacey came with another friend, Pookie's friend showed up, Megan's friend Jackson came, Angel & Andy came, Doug and Julie came (obviously, we shared the party!), and perhaps a few others... Though I was toasty by then...  The Malibu is from Ashley, the card and itunes card from Kasey, and the package on the right from Amine & Stacey!



Sunday: I had breakfast with Max and Josh, and then we ran Max to a meeting he had to go to.  After that I changed into a cooler dress (it was 95 degrees!!!) and headed over to my grandma's house for my family BBQ.  My cousin Daniel came with his friend and his new little husky puppy, soooo cute! (I didn't get a good picture though.)  We ate good food, and then I played frisbee with Cole, Ari, and Ryan for a while.  It was fun.

Here's the cake and gift from my mom.



Then after cake my grandma showed us the baby kitten she found stray under her porch.  He was so sweet and rolly-polly.  I wanted to take him home! I'm pretty sure he is still being fed by his momma, and I can't really have one yet... Man I wanted to cuddle him.


After I got home from the BBQ I shared more of my cake with Ken, Kristina, Max, Josh and Miss Brittany who stopped by.  It was so good to see them all again, and it was sweet of her to stop by.



All and All it was a really great birthday week.
I am reminded just how blessed I am.
And just how much everyone means to me.

I am one very lucky girl.



Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. WOW!!! you racked up!

    your cake was soooo cute. i loved all the bright colorful icing and of course the cute puppy.

    awww i want that kitty. how presh.
    well i hope you had an awesome birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like an amazing week and Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOunds like an awesome birthday! The Hubs celebrated his Bday over the weekend.... funny thing. There were vodka gummy bears involved also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY FOR GREAT BDAYS!!! You deserve it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! How wonderful for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :D LOVE this list! I am so happy that the Week of Miss Angie was so fantastic!!!

    Shanley has read the Daughters of the Moon series, and she loved it. I think that she said there is a lot of Greek mythology in it.

    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    PS That b'day cake is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like one heck of a birthday week! Glad you got to have some fun with the people you love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww kitty!!

    love the pebble jars, so rad!!

    looks like it was a partaaaaaaaay!! i am glad there are people in your life who love and celebrate you, you deserve that!!

    thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.