6.30.2009

"Please Don't Tell Me That I'm The Only One That's Vulnerable, Impossible."

How do I let myself end up here time and time again? I should expect it. I should know better by now. I shouldn't be sitting here breaking and bawling because once again I was fooled into letting my guard down and allowing myself to be crushed!

I am deflated.

I am a puddle on the ground in a spot where once stood an independent and strong woman.

You asked me to let my guard down, to trust you enough to let you see me vulnerable; all my emotions exposed; to let my heart be placed in your hand even if only for a few moments.

You dropped it.

No, it's not completely shattered. I can piece it back together, but will I let you hold it again?

Doubtful.

I was going to tell you I loved you. That I wanted to stop worrying and jump in and just be with you. To love and experience you, to achieve what we've been trying for all along. All this time we've spent fighting for it, yet fighting against it at the same time. I felt it was finally time to just close our eyes and leap.

Maybe the cake just isn't ready to be pulled out of the oven after all.


2 comments:

  1. im sorry darlin.... you sounded like thigns were going well...they still are probably...you just had a bad guy moment..shake it off.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so been there, hun. After years of it, this is what I learned:
    When you are truly, subconsciously, fully ready for love and trusting, it's not something you have to work at. It's not something you have to let your guard down for. It just happens, often without you even realizing it (I'm talking the true and honest love, not just the 3 month love-high that we all get).
    These times hurt, but they don't damage you, not in the long term. They're just speed bumps along life's road. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.